Magnet thread...

Deako

My FINAL comments on this situation are;

William is trying to attract Advertisers, to assist in covering the financial obligations of maintaining this site.

He has contacted potential Advertisers.

All the time these potential Advertisers get free advertising, they are unlikely to want to pay for the same exposure (thats human nature).

With this in mind, William asked that these web addresses not be posted.

In my opinion we should respect his wishes.

I suppose i started this so i'd better say something. A question was asked on the forum, i answerd the question whats wrong with that. As deako said nearly every one on the forum, has at one time or another done it so whats the problem. I shall if faced with the same senario do it again.

Also,and this is just me thinking out loud here,What about will putting a notice/sticky thread at the top of the page saying somthing along the lines of if you have a recomendation to make about a particular company could you pm the person that is asking rather than posting it up (or ask will/mods before doing so)?i know we have all probably found a few handy things from reading these posts in the past,but if its got to be then i would be happy to abide.Like i said this is just me thinking out loud,i dont want to argue with anyone,so come on everyone,lets have a group hug :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Will, is that shootwarehouse, or ****warehouse.com?!?

I don't normally get involved in this type of arguement as I'm not really involved. However, I think you are out of order to have a pop at William, especially as he hasn't even posted a message on this particular thread!

Will does a great job and probably for far less than he deserves. Most of us get a great deal out of the thoughts and ideas of others. Don't be confused by the threads about making your own things etc. People of that inclination will find ways to do their own thing, regardless of the posts on here. I am perfectly capable of making a rotary, decoys etc but, like many others, choose to buy them from people like you and Deako etc. DIY and buying from the 'professionals' is something that some people will always do. In the same vein some will always buy the best they can afford (not always reflected in the price!) and others will buy the cheapest. They will never change, we shop where we want and are usually engrained in our methods of product selection in our early years of posessing money :lol:

If your link is on the site, people will use it and buy stuff. Equally, we'll make our own if we wish.

Don't lean on William 'cos he's doing his best for us all. Realistically, due to the policing of a site being so difficult there probably isn't an easy way for the moderators to prevent links going up. even if only for a short while. Whatever happened to speculating to accumulate? Surely if advertisers pay a bit that any business is better than no business. Perhaps I look at things too simplistically.

However, what I can do is make a promise that if people lean on my mate William that I will openly rubbish their products at every opportunity that I get. And believe me, that will be a lot of opportunities indeed.

See, now you've pi**ed me off and ruined my day. :lol::lol:

PP

Perhaps it would be helpfull for potential advertisers to know how many hits this forum gets each day.

Not as many as copies of Sporting Gun sold, but who knows?

How many extra hits has http://www.shootwarehouse.co.uk/ had since it was posted on here?

If it's left here for a week (why not indefinitely), it will be good indication of the worth of the forum for advertizing.

http://www.searchlineuk.com

Will, is that shootwarehouse, or ****warehouse.com?!?

Ho Ho... you are funny. Ok its not the best but we've been so busy the websites been neglected a bit, I cant help that.

I don't normally get involved in this type of arguement as I'm not really involved. However, I think you are out of order to have a pop at William, especially as he hasn't even posted a message on this particular thread!

I'm not havin a pop at all and I dont see why I should be "out of order" just for using this place for what it is meant for.

It was merely a suggestion and an issue I felt strongly about. I just read the other thread about Pigeonwatch being for sale etc because of lack of funds and thought that it had at least a tiny bit of relevance to this topic as well. He's trying to get people to advertise here or buy the site, then its own members are ruining it for any advertisers saying here's how you make a magnet, heres how you make hide poles. Sure people will always make their own stuff, but at least they could have a bit of respect for potential advertisers, or at the very least if William is hoping to encourage advertisers to place an advert here then he could at least moderate stuff a bit better. Cant you see where I'm coming from?

However, what I can do is make a promise that if people lean on my mate William that I will openly rubbish their products at every opportunity that I get. And believe me, that will be a lot of opportunities indeed.

Ooooooooooooooh you big bully! I nearly fell off my chair laughing when I read that. How old are you....5?!

I think this topic has probably taken on the guise of a "dead horse" and to continue to "flog it", would be an act of cruelty.

The fact that the Moderators are leaving website links up, must mean that William has changed his mind, since I was a Moderator.

This I would naturally accept.

All my comments have been in the interest of this site and Williams situation.

I,m not going to enter a debate on the cost of Sporting Gun adverts.

Anyone can telephone them and check, don,t forget to ask for every discount available, I did. :lol: