Mad Friday

bi9johnny

dont miss working BEF at all....we use to start on the door at 12/1pm and not finsh till 2/3am...long shift and never quiet at all...dont miss it at all but only the money and ladies

the ladies is why im no longer allowed to work the doors lol , i first met my wife when she was running a nightclub so she has seen what its like lol .

I spent the evening carrying holiday makers to the Isle of Wight, consitently busy until 22:00 when we knocked off, still half a car park waiting for the 23:00 boat. Drove through Portsmouth past the night club areas, very quiet, possibly because all the students have gone home and left the place to the locals. Not that they couldn't pick a fight with themselves!

left the place to the locals. Not that they couldn't pick a fight with themselves!

This made me laugh! A local building firm which had loads of staff,all of whom liked a good scrap,including the boss who was a local councillor,would often 'start' something amongst themselves if alternatives couldn't be found!Crazy.

You were rite...it kicked off, had to lock the door on some travellers so they started on the windows till the police turned up....

you can always rely on black friday lol , its amazing how alcohol turns the daftest little thing into a war , last new years eve i worked a small back strreet pub , i thought it was a bit strange for a little local pub to have two doorman (it cost about £300 for both of us) , i asked the manager why he felt the need for us , he said that last new years eve one of the lads from inside the pub had got into a bit of a drunken spat with someone from outside the pub , within a few minutes it involved 200 drunken brawlers and four vans full of police officers lol , they smashed every single window in the pub and destroyed the place , me and my mate were very switched on because we really didnt want to be stuck in the middle if that kicked off again , we nipped everything in the bud as soon as it started and the only real problem was at 2am just as we were leaving , a big fella of about 25yrs old kicked off with a couple of the other lads inside the pub , we calmed it down and the last we saw of him was as his mother was pulling him up the street by his ear and shouting at him like a 5yr old lol

Spent all night in A&E with the wife.

She was on a night out with my mother and friends when she collapsed outside the pub and nutted the pavement, its was only around the corner and I arrived on scene to see her convulsing on the pavement, not nice. Took an age for the ambulance to arrive as they were all busy.

Aye she is cheers, wasn't drink and wasn't drugs (thought her drink may have been spiked), think she just fainted and the knock to the head hit her for 6. The pub was around the corner from the house so I was on the scene as soon as I heard, you try managing a casualty scene when the streets full of drunken idiots. The two coppers standing there like lemons wasnt the greatest help.