american bulldog X whippet

TJ91

I owned a 1/4 cross staffy/greyhound some years ago but he suffered badly with his feet because he was stocky and everytime we took him out lamping for rabbits his nail beds used to play up.

The first thing he ever killed was a muntjac, by accident when he was 8 months old :blink: but he was too heavy for anything small.

WOOPS.

Have seen many with staff in, that was why I asked, I don't know anything of the American thing but assumed it was somewhere near staffs type.

And that's the sort of advice I am after..from someone who has owned a dog...so thankyou for that

Not worth it pal if you want a running dock your best with a whippet or greyhound cross. Mixing the fighting breeds in is asking for trouble if you get cought with it causing a fox or a deer your in huge trouble. Only ever had 1 running dog a whippet bitch called candy and I did rabbits and hares with her before the hunting with dogs act came in and ran her with saluki crosses and she was quicker and more agile then most running dogs.

the american bulldog is a catch dog not a fighting dog if the bulldog is out of working lines like the ole scot/sandvally lines witch can work i wouldnt av a problem with the pup if its the johnson type that wouldnt be my cup of tea...... ive worked the scot/sandvalley bulldogs for 10 years very clever animals head full of sense but i be the first to say get a purpuse breed dog for the game

Not worth it pal if you want a running dock your best with a whippet or greyhound cross. Mixing the fighting breeds in is asking for trouble if you get cought with it causing a fox or a deer your in huge trouble. Only ever had 1 running dog a whippet bitch called candy and I did rabbits and hares with her before the hunting with dogs act came in and ran her with saluki crosses and she was quicker and more agile then most running dogs.

It is still legal to run two dogs on a fox

Edited by Actionpigeons