Rambling permit

d17 len

d17 len.

This is one of the best suggestions I have read on this forum, but obviously some have disagreed, and are in favour

of the anti shooting, fishing, farming, bobble hatted ramblers.

I was in a meeting when the "right to roam" was being proposed, and I asked the question, why do they want more

land to roam on, because in Wales there are over 20,000 miles of public footpaths, half of them are overgrown

through lack of use, but they still want more.

They pay nothing for the stiles and upkeep of the paths, they use them, so they should be made to pay for the upkeep.

And as for making them undertake dog training, that should be compulsory, sadly a lot of ramblers have been killed

whilst walking their dogs through cattle, but they never seem to learn, every case of a rambler being killed that I have

looked at involves a dog out of control.

Ramblers are forever looking for more paths, they are never satisfied with what they have, if they find evidence of

a historic footpath that has been built on, even if it goes through your garden, they will demand the council to reopen

it.

Why some of you on here support them surprises me because most of them would like all shooting to be banned.

I have said it on this forum before, some of you should never be allowed in the countryside, as you can't see further

than your keyboard.

d17 len.

This is one of the best suggestions I have read on this forum, but obviously some have disagreed, and are in favour

I was in a meeting when the "right to roam" was being proposed, and I asked the question, why do they want more

land to roam on, because in Wales there are over 20,000 miles of public footpaths, half of them are overgrown

They pay nothing for the stiles and upkeep of the paths, they use them, so they should be made to pay for the upkeep.

And as for making them undertake dog training, that should be compulsory, sadly a lot of ramblers have been killed

whilst walking their dogs through cattle, but they never seem to learn, every case of a rambler being killed that I have

Ramblers are forever looking for more paths, they are never satisfied with what they have, if they find evidence of

a historic footpath that has been built on, even if it goes through your garden, they will demand the council to reopen

it.

Why some of you on here support them surprises me because most of them would like all shooting to be banned.

I have said it on this forum before, some of you should never be allowed in the countryside, as you can't see further

than your keyboard.

You sir are a fool. My family have been in the countryside for generations but still respect public footpaths. I don't agree with a right to roam, but the idiotic suggestion from the thread starter is so far off the mark to be entirely ridiculous.

guest1957.

I am one of the few on here that promote and provide many different types of shooting,

often free of charge over a very large area, I have helped very may shooters obtain

their SGC's and FA's, they would not regard me to be a fool.

Ramblers I meet don't like shooting and want it banned, they only have respect for their

beloved footpaths, you mentioned your respect for them, I see where you are coming from.

guest1957.

I am one of the few on here that promote and provide many different types of shooting,

often free of charge over a very large area, I have helped very may shooters obtain

their SGC's and FA's, they would not regard me to be a fool.

Ramblers I meet don't like shooting and want it banned, they only have respect for their

beloved footpaths, you mentioned your respect for them, I see where you are coming from.

I have little time for ramblers but what you propose is to effectively take the right held by everyone to move over certain pieces of land. Maintaining that right is not in conflict with shooting beause a few of those that exercise it are against it.

Wanting to see historic rights wiped away because it marginally inconveniences you is folkish regardless of your generosity elsewhere.

what are your thoughts on an annual permit for Ramblers,walkers and general footpath users,This money could be shared by the landowners who"s ground footpaths cross,and would go towards the repair of fences,gates and rubbish clearance left behind by these people who seem to think they own these paths, any money left over could go towards mandatory dog training classes for the (in most cases) untrained doggie companion.As its christmas lets be kind and say £500 per year per person,and that would include one trained dog,just over a pound a day seems fair in this day and age.If we go to a town or city we pay either through parking fees or congestion charge,so lets put the boot on the other foot.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just put up official looking signs saying (place) Adder Sanctury. Keep all dogs and children close to you and keep to the footpaths. You won't get many ramblers after that. And its not a scam, you can designate any land a sanctury for wildlife

note before the "usual suspects" pile in with endless negativity, this is intended to be a bit of a joke although I do believe it has been done

Edited by Vince Green

Probably the most mental idea I've heard on here. I shoot but I also like to walk and for my part I can honestly say that the majority of walkers that I've met when I have been shooting are friendly and interested in what I'm shooting. It's not a case of us and them but just us. I live in the countryside so should I pay more because I use footpaths every day and would city dwellers get a rebate? Either way it sounds like a countryside tax to me. :no:

d17 len.

it.

than your keyboard.

Also spectacularly daft.

Indeed complete nonsense, people being killed while walking through cow fields is usually as a result of picking a dog up or keeping it on the lead. The best advice is let go of the dog and odds are it will be fast enough to get out of the way and draw the cows away from you. Picking it up means they trample the pair of you, as for the initial proposal its complete rubbish

Edited by al4x

a14x

The advice you give has been said many times, "leave the dog go".

Yes, the cattle will chase the dog, and it becomes so frightened that it runs back to it's owner, and

tries to hide behind him/her. The best advice is not to take a dog in a field with cattle, unless you

have a death wish.

I work with cattle every day, but I am not an expert like the keyboard cowboys on here, I'm just experienced.

And I never use a dog to work cattle.

Sorry to take it off topic but why did you never use a dog for cattle work? I used Collies to bring in the herd for milking for three years with no problem.

The right to roam is mainly touted by bobble hatted, plastic covered map wearing leftists. Original post was mad though, be easier to teach a tadpole how to play snooker.

Sorry to take it off topic but why did you never use a dog for cattle work? I used Collies to bring in the herd for milking for three years with no problem.

The right to roam is mainly touted by bobble hatted, plastic covered map wearing leftists. Original post was mad though, be easier to teach a tadpole how to play snooker.

Digger.

The simple answer is in your statement, you are using a dog on dairy cattle that are handled twice a day, they are more placid.

I have a beef breeding herd with some demented continental crosses, when they have a young calf at foot, like tnt waiting to

explode.

Digger.

The simple answer is in your statement, you are using a dog on dairy cattle that are handled twice a day, they are more placid.

I have a beef breeding herd with some demented continental crosses, when they have a young calf at foot, like tnt waiting to

explode.

It's not something I do often, and I try to keep the dog from giving them a nip as they can get nasty, but I have used my collie to help move cattle - I don't mean dairy ones.

Very helpful to have with you, but you do have to watch what's happening carefully and be ready to step in.

A rambler joined a local angling club, after a number of years of walking a mile long stretch of riverbank he with others sent in a petition to the council stating that they had walked the path unhindered and wanted the council to make it a "public footpath".

It cost the farmer a lot of money in solicitors fees fighting the claim, and I'm glad to say the farmer won.

The cost to the ramblers was nothing. As was said earlier, the ramblers want everything for nothing.

If the ramblers had won then every fishermans path on the riverbanks throughout the country would have been threatened.