Pigeon Shooting Over Rape

Elby

I normally wouldn't comment on this type of post, but I feel that I must say something.

£50 is NOT EXPENSIVE.

There may be a few that are cheaper on here, but I think if you look around, not just on this forum, you will find that there are a lot ,lot more, that are dearer.

Play a round of golf,

Go to a football match,

even go and shoot at 100 clays.

See what you get for your money there.

£50 for a full day, seems good value to me.

My normal charge is £80 a day and I have no problem getting that.

Makes no difference to me if people have their own gear or not as I'm there anyway.

I could do like some guides and just cater to foreign shooters and charge a fortune for pigeons.

I keep my prices reasonable (I think) so it doesn't price the average working Brit out of it.

Bottom line is all the land I have costs me over £10k per year to rent, like it or not farmers now know that shooting vermin has a value and long gone are the days that farmers used to pay me to shoot pigeons or supply me with cartrdiges to do it.

The negative comments serve no purpose whatsoever and as this is how I earn my living I wonder how some of you guys would feel if I walked about outside your place of work shouting how you can go to a different company/retailer and get the product cheaper.

Im going to jump on the band wagon here.I have been out with Elby (Les) Numerous times,everytime he has done his upmost to put me under the birds.

He knows the land and flight lines like the back of his hand.

£50 is a bargian for the effort Les puts into making your day a good one.!!

atb Jim

My normal charge is £80 a day and I have no problem getting that.

Makes no difference to me if people have their own gear or not as I'm there anyway.

I could do like some guides and just cater to foreign shooters and charge a fortune for pigeons.

I keep my prices reasonable (I think) so it doesn't price the average working Brit out of it.

Bottom line is all the land I have costs me over £10k per year to rent, like it or not farmers now know that shooting vermin has a value and long gone are the days that farmers used to pay me to shoot pigeons or supply me with cartrdiges to do it.

The negative comments serve no purpose whatsoever and as this is how I earn my living I wonder how some of you guys would feel if I walked about outside your place of work shouting how you can go to a different company/retailer and get the product cheaper.

:good: :good: :good:

colin

£50 isn't cheap, but shooting isn't a cheap sport. Anyone who doesn't want to pay the £50 can of course fill up their car, buy a couple of bottles of spirits, and drive around the country knocking on doors for a week or two.

This is a premium service for people who don't want the responsibility of looking after their own permissions or just don't have the time to find one.

^^^^Thanks chaps

I will also add that if someone books with me I don't just throw them in a field and hope for the best.

Leading up to their visit I will do several reccies all costing time and money.

If someone has booked and the birds aren't flying I would rather cancel their day than take their money for them to shoot nothing.

Reccies are not a 100% way of guranteeing shots as we all know they are wild birds but it makes the odds better.

I really don't know how someone can charge £50 and cover fuel costs ect.

I'm not saying this is the case on here but some guides will put you in a field that has been shot to death and if you're lucky they are stiil coming but reaaly nervous or if you're unlucky they would be wise enough to give the field a miss.

I alway try to give value for money because I want my clients coming back for more

^^^^Thanks chaps

I will also add that if someone books with me I don't just throw them in a field and hope for the best.

Leading up to their visit I will do several reccies all costing time and money.

If someone has booked and the birds aren't flying I would rather cancel their day than take their money for them to shoot nothing.

Reccies are not a 100% way of guranteeing shots as we all know they are wild birds but it makes the odds better.

I really don't know how someone can charge £50 and cover fuel costs ect.

I'm not saying this is the case on here but some guides will put you in a field that has been shot to death and if you're lucky they are stiil coming but reaaly nervous or if you're unlucky they would be wise enough to give the field a miss.

I alway try to give value for money because I want my clients coming back for more

Fair play. If only everything we paid for put so much effort into 'customer service' ill be in touch for a day!

As you guys say its your business and quite right,if you want to charge £25 or £50 per session its your right,however dont forget its the goverments right to tax your incomes,and its quite easy to calculate your income by the acceptance rates you seem to get and the feed back on the said paid shooting oppertunities,dont get caught out!

If you join a wildfowling club you can get months of shooting for that price, come on, it works both ways, they used to pay you in cartridges years ago, its the likes of people getting the highest bidder that has ******** it all up, take it away and you`ll get your free shooting back:

You are doing them the favour after all: and your cartridges, lets not forget that:

£50 ur having a laugh les hahahaha just kidding!!!! ive been out with les loads of times hes a good guy and will put u right on the pigeon. never had a bad day there. yes there are loads other cheap options but like he said they wil be overshot and u will probably end up with a 10 score day. ive had some days with les where they just keep on coming non stop. and i hav never had a day less than 30 even in bad conditions.

trust me try it

If you join a wildfowling club you can get months of shooting for that price, come on, it works both ways, they used to pay you in cartridges years ago, its the likes of people getting the highest bidder that has ******** it all up, take it away and you`ll get your free shooting back:

You are doing them the favour after all: and your cartridges, lets not forget that:

Can't really compare wildfowling to pigeon shooting now can you.

For one you won't turn up at your pigeon hide only to find someone else sat there.

Also you won't be limited to what you shoot.

Also the tide won't come in and drown you and ya dog.

Be sensible mate please

Oh and a lot of wildfowling clubs used to be free, maybe if you stopped being "the highest bidder" wildfowling wouldn't be so ****** up.

As you guys say its your business and quite right,if you want to charge £25 or £50 per session its your right,however dont forget its the goverments right to tax your incomes,and its quite easy to calculate your income by the acceptance rates you seem to get and the feed back on the said paid shooting oppertunities,dont get caught out!

In that case they must owe me money :)

£50 is fine if there are actually birds there to be shot. I've bought two or three pigeon days over the years and have never been successful. If guides are prepared to cancel bookings if there aren't the birds about, fair enough, but my trust in guides is not very high! Nice to hear some recommendations from other members on here for this guide.