What shooting related products are cheaper in the USA

Salop Matt

Me and the Mrs are hoping to honeymoon in the USA later this year (got to book this month during the sales on flights)

But what is worth buying out there and bringing back to save me £`s from buying back here ?

I was thinking mossberg and benelli chokes as they arnt the easiest to get over here in the UK !

Maybe cammo clothing and boots ?

Definately going to go somewhere we can shoot some pistols and 9mm submachine guns !

Anyone have an idea of cost out there on ammo ?

ATB

Matt

A .45acp 1911 is up on my list and several others:

a MP5

a lugar

Walther ppk (bonds gun)

G3

FAL

M14

M1

winchester under leaver

Maybe a browning high power 9mm if they have it !

Not sure what else yet, Unless i could find somewhere to take a shot with a barrat 50cal ! But cant afford to shoot them all so its just what of these that I will be able to find ! :D

Most likeley: San fran, vagas and LA !

:D

I looked in to this recently as I was thinking of buying chokes in the US - take care. A gun or part of gun may be considered as a gun and confiscated. This happened to business colleagues. One tried to come back to the UK with a set of chokes and had them removed at the US airport. Another was shipping his gun but had a choke set in his hand luggage for an internal flight. He presented them to security who relieved him off them as he wasn't allowed to carry a "gun" on board and didn't have the paperwork in place to ship separately. Neither got their chokes back. Make sure you know the state, federal and airline rules as getting it wrong may flag up on your next visit to the US. Daft I know but that's life. I decided it wasn't worth the risk for the amount I could save. Also remember you'll pay purchase tax at the checkout so that needs to be added to the price you see on the item.

Edited by WVAM

Go to bass pro any of the outdoor world ones are amazing an you can literally spend a day walking round them, also academy sports have fantastic shooting and hunting sections.

Pretty much everything is cheaper to buy - which is weird when you consider a Swarovski scope has to travel further to get there!

The ranges are excellent and you will have no trouble hiring guns - they are only two willing to help and love showing British people a good time.

One of the most welcoming nations I have ever been to.

Make sure you go to Braums fast food place and have a triple jalapeño burger meal with ice cream milk shake - to die for!!

Also go to Outback Steakhouse (restaurant chain) and have a "blooming onion" they are fantastic too.

Enjoy!

Regards,

Gixer

I looked in to this recently as I was thinking of buying chokes in the US - take care. A gun or part of gun may be considered as a gun and confiscated. This happened to business colleagues. One tried to come back to the UK with a set of chokes and had them removed at the US airport. Another was shipping his gun but had a choke set in his hand luggage for an internal flight. He presented them to security who relieved him off them as he wasn't allowed to carry a "gun" on board and didn't have the paperwork in place to ship separately. Neither got their chokes back. Make sure you know the state, federal and airline rules as getting it wrong may flag up on your next visit to the US. Daft I know but that's life. I decided it wasn't worth the risk for the amount I could save. Also remember you'll pay purchase tax at the checkout so that needs to be added to the price you see on the item.

Yes, I agree absolutely but the really big danger is that they will quite happily hold you back while they check everything out and you miss your flight. Trying to save £20 on a choke could cost you £2000 for a new flight. And they will hold you back, they don't give a stuff.

Edited by Vince Green

A .45acp 1911 is up on my list and several others:

a MP5

a lugar

Walther ppk (bonds gun)

G3

FAL

M14

M1

winchester under leaver

Maybe a browning high power 9mm if they have it !

Not sure what else yet, Unless i could find somewhere to take a shot with a barrat 50cal ! But cant afford to shoot them all so its just what of these that I will be able to find ! :D

Most likeley: San fran, vagas and LA !

:D

If you go to San Fran you'll want to head to Jackson Arms http://www.jacksonarms.com/

In Vegas try American Shooters http://www.americanshooters.com/

In L.A. just pop down to Inglewood :good:

I was over in October, Scopes, knives, and guns especially where a lot cheaper! I was after a nice 'fowling coat but nothing really seemed suitable for british weather, I was in one store (in Idaho) and asked if they had anything waterproof and got a blank expression! Cabelas and bass pro were incredible! But some of the stuff no so cheap! Walmart has cheap stuff to, trail cam $50 ment to grab one but forgot!! warning, you may want to move/ visit every year! Fast food got to go to Five guys burgers and fries! Best burgers ever!

There is a place in Vegas where you an hire and fire full-auto machine guns. Not cheap, but an experience i'm told. If you're looking for accessories, they are certainly cheaper in the US. Case in point - Howard Leight electronic earmuff - $45 on amazon.com (inc free delivery) - cheapest UK price (eBay) - 57 squid. Work that one out (and yes, 20% vat doesn't cover all of that difference),

Here is one of the vegas places:

http://machinegunsvegas.com/guns/full-automatics/

There are loads of them - shop around :)