Which Muck Boot?

otherwayup

Look at the soles, some have a fairly soft spongy feel to them that wear quickly, like the "Avon." Others have a much more durable sole like a walking boot, eg "Tay Sport." Also, there is a difference with the linings, some are 3mm & others 5mm neopreen.

Comfy, warm boots though, I now have the Tay Sports & wear them daily.

I have the Derwents and find they're great, no cold feet since wearing these. Contrary to some of the above, I'm a 9.5 - 10 and bought a 10 and there's definitely no room for extra/thick socks, having said that you just don't need them with these.

Edited by IEH

My Tay Sports are on their second winter. The sole hasn't parted company as some people have reported and they are still warm comfortable and dry. They don't pull my socks off or twist my trouser legs round. I'll be buying them again. These soles are good on slippery surfaces too.

Edit: go for the Tays with the thickest soles. They're far less likely to get punctured by a thorn.

Edited by Gimlet

Edit: go for the Tays with the thickest soles. They're far less likely to get punctured by a thorn.

Do you mean there two types of Tay with different soles or do you mean go for Tay as they are thicker than Esk, Derwent etc.

I have noticed there seems to be Tay and Tay Sport ... not sure what the difference is. What the hell is it with this company, they seem to have a million different variants of boot.

Do you mean there two types of Tay with different soles or do you mean go for Tay as they are thicker than Esk, Derwent etc.

I have noticed there seems to be Tay and Tay Sport ... not sure what the difference is. What the hell is it with this company, they seem to have a million different variants of boot.

I believe there are two Tays. I'm sure that's what I was told by the seller when I bought mine at the Midland game fair, and the sport has the thickest, chunkiest soles. Check with the supplier.

Aren't Muck Boots American? Americans like to have a million versions of every product to choose from.

I've had mine for two years now, think they were the Avon's in camo. Lovely boots to wear but havent lasted well, neoprene and blackthorn doesnt work plus the sole wore quickly, little grip and now has water in them that gives a little squeak when walking. They look like the ferrets have been using them as a nest but, with the squeaking and ripped neoprene they still refuse to leak. I will buy Muck boots again but get the Tay or Esk, and maybe wear gators when beating. :lol: