not a good start to the day

kev56

This doesn't even get a headline. Shows how this country has become. It makes me sooooooo ******** mad and angry that he'll now be looked after for the rest of his life, like tens of thousands of others.

Child-sex attacker can't be deported because his African tribe is 'persecuted'

• Jumaa Kater Saleh, 24, arrived in UK in 2004 hidden in a lorry
  • He was convicted of having sex with a 13-year-old girl in May 2008
  • Judge said today it was 'not possible' to deport him back to Sudan
  • Saleh attempted to claim damages for unlawful detention

By JACK DOYLE and RYAN KISIEL

PUBLISHED: 18:20, 25 January 2013 | UPDATED: 01:54, 26 January 2013

An African migrant who lured a vulnerable schoolgirl to a house for sex cannot be deported – because he is a member of a ‘persecuted tribe’.

Jumaa Kater Saleh, 24, was convicted as part of a predatory sex gang for the ‘deliberate, targeted abuse of a young and vulnerable girl’, who was aged 13 at the time.

But he was allowed to remain in Britain under human rights law because he faced mistreatment if sent back to Sudan.

article-2268353-172A031A000005DC-174_634x390.jpg

Saleh was a member of the Zaghawa tribe, which was subject to widespread persecution (not pictured here)

He claimed he was a member of the Zaghawa tribe, which has been persecuted by government forces and Arab tribe militia.

And it has been ruled he can stay indefinitely, unless a court decides the ‘threat’ diminishes and it is safe for him to return to Africa.

More...

Details of the case emerged as Saleh went to court to demand compensation from the Government for locking him up. He claimed he was unlawfully detained following his prison sentence, when he was kept behind bars to protect the public.

But the judge rejected his claim saying he had posed a ‘substantial’ risk to the public and keeping him locked up was necessary.

article-2268353-172A3523000005DC-726_306x511.jpg

Rejecting claim: Deputy High Court judge Philip Mott QC

The decision to allow Saleh to stay sparked outrage.

Tory MP Peter Bone said: ‘I take the very simple view that if someone comes to this country and then breaks the law then he should be sent back to where he comes from.

'Any arguments about his human rights disappear when he has violated, violently, the rights of a young girl.’

Saleh arrived in the UK in November 2004 hidden in the back of a lorry.

In January 2005 he claimed asylum but this was rejected.

However, because he was under 18, he was allowed to remain until he reached adulthood in October 2006.

He was still in the country in May 2007, when arrested and charged with the sex offences. In February 2008, he was convicted of two charges of sexual activity with a 13-year-old girl.

He was in a group of five immigrants who lured schoolgirls – including three aged 13 and one aged 14 – to a house for sex.

The judge at the trial had remarked that all three girls were ‘clearly disturbed and vulnerable, far from mature for their years and had been targeted by the group’. Saleh was jailed for four years on the basis that the offences were planned and that he knew the girl’s age. The judge also recommended him for deportation.

However, at the end of his sentence immigration officials deemed that he should not be released as they tried to deport him ‘for the public good’.

He was let out in May 2011 after it was decided that he would face persecution if returned to Sudan, under protection against ‘inhuman and degrading treatment’ and risk to life. He now lives in Leicester.

Ruling against him yesterday, deputy High Court judge Philip Mott QC said he had not been unlawfully detained.

The judge, sitting at the High Court in London, accepted that Saleh was a member of the Zaghawa and so it was ‘not possible’ to return him to Sudan.

article-2268353-145BF86C000005DC-707_634x448.jpg

Jumaa Kater Saleh, 24, who arrived in the UK in November 2004 hidden in a lorry, cannot be deported because he is part of a 'persecuted tribe' in Sudan

But he ruled there was no evidence of Saleh being held unlawfully or unreasonably at any time and his case failed ‘on all grounds’.

The judge said: ‘It was deliberate, targeted abuse of a young and vulnerable girl. The risk that the claimant, in his early-20s, would commit a further sexual offence if released … had to be considered as substantial.’

A UK Border Agency spokesman said: ‘We believe those who break our laws should be returned home and are extremely disappointed with the court’s decision.

‘We did not believe that this individual needed or deserved refuge in this country.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2J4PYy8gY

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet Israel is systematically deporting all the African migrants, many from the same region, back to Africa. No choice, no appeals just go. Its not often you will hear me saying anything good about Israel but good for them

http://www.voanews.com/content/israel_begins_deporting_migrants_from_africa/1212136.html

this country has turned from being one of the biggest world forces to being a total laughing stock its almost like the politicians of today are trying to make amends for britain being an all conquering nation in the past!! :(

its a toatl laugh that we can't kick illegal immigrants out of the country because of their human rights! what about the human rights of the people of the country?

Someone will be along shortly to explain that it is only a minority event not representative of the tribe,and that jimmy saville was far worse, and that by bringing the subject up you have a hidden agenda and are an inherent racist.

KW

KW over the years the biggest threat to my life has come from white, British born, catholics do I judge all white Catholics by the actions of these people or the ones who fought alongside me. In afganistan who do we judge the Muslims by, the terrorists or the ones who fight alongside. Over the last few years my regiment has fought in some of the most bloody battles, are the Muslims who fight alongside us also scum.

I'm not an ostrich, I realise the country is full of scum who need deporting. But if you judge all Muslims on the actions of a few you'll end up chucking out the wheat with the chaff.

Sadly that may be the only way of dealing with the situation, we cant solve it singly by waiting for an event to happen yet again,so maybe the only way is by profiling (another naughty word these days) look at green on blue attacks in Afghanistan, how can you determine what is in the mind of some? the only way maybe to treat all the same, then perhaps they will rectify the situation themselves if the "good ones" are truly the majority?

KW

Kw,

Get over it - we are not going to deport every non British, non white person from the UK.

Stop being a racist....it's just become the norm! There are good and bad in all races - why is that so hard to grasp for you?

there you go 1st one in

KW

About 2 weeks ago when that indian bird got gang raped by 20 blokes and died from her injuries...

I'm on the fence regards racism.. I don't want them here, raping the good out our society.. But the fact is there an infectious problem and there here to stay I'm afraid

Edited by houlsby