Beretta World Sporting - Fibre Wad Only

oldwoman

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume that the cattle took part in a survey / research to establish this.

Do you know anything about cattle ?

I spent 6 years working on a dairy farm, my wife's parents owned and ran a mixed beef/dairy farm.

Yes, cattle are very curious creatures. Experience tells me that.

Or you could just go and knock on the door of a dairy or beef farm, and ask for yourself.

Timps, the guy who was 3rd would still have been third if all were using fibre. :good: cos he is that good. and it wont affect Ed cos be will have to shoot a Beretta.

Not exactly my point, shooters of the calibre of Ed and Cat who don’t like using fibre but do like Berettas will give the shoot a miss or not shoot as well as there must be a reason they don’t like fibre. I know numerous shooters of all abilities who went last year (including Ed I might add) who are not going this year due to the wad restrictions.

So the third place shooter if plastic wads were allowed might not even turn up because of fibre wads only. Consequently the choice of fibre only will affect the outcome in my opinion. :good:

Well practice with both then........

Why? The whole point of the complaint about fibre only is there should not be a wad restriction on a CPSA registered championship shoot so no point in practising with a cart you are not going to use for 99% of your shooting.

If it was not a CPSA registered championship shoot then no complaints.

Well shooting with Fibre wads make me flinch more so if i do have a choice i will always shoot plastic., but if it says Fibre ,i shoot fibre even if i know it will disadvantage me. from Auntie.

I can recommend Express High Velocity fibre in 24gm as a good all round low recoil cartridge.

Thanks Blaser, as you know I've had the flinch for years. Shooting with plastic I can sometimes get away with just an odd flinch over a couple of hundred birds but when i'm on the fibres ,sometimes i'm needing 3 or 4 pulls on the trigger, 3 or 4 times on 100 birds. I do have a special recoil pad on the Miroku and I have tried the low recoil shells but they just don't seem to pattern well through the gun, so its swings and roundabouts really.The ones that seem to be my best bet are the 28 gram pro one fibre and i still get good kills and an acceptable minimum flinch ratio. from Auntie.

Edited by 100milesaway

Thanks Blaser, as you know I've had the flinch for years. Shooting with plastic I can sometimes get away with just an odd flinch over a couple of hundred birds but when i'm on the fibres ,sometimes i'm needing 3 or 4 pulls on the trigger, 3 or 4 times on 100 birds. I do have a special recoil pad on the Miroku and I have tried the low recoil shells but they just don't seem to pattern well through the gun, so its swings and roundabouts really. from Auntie.

Have you tried changing chokes to see what a difference it may make with a lighter load?

I only use plastic/fibre 24gm and I have done for years, at the moment I'm using fiocchi's in plastic and if I put the muzzles in the right place the clay always breaks.

Not exactly my point, shooters of the calibre of Ed and Cat who don’t like using fibre but do like Berettas will give the shoot a miss or not shoot as well as there must be a reason they don’t like fibre. I know numerous shooters of all abilities who went last year (including Ed I might add) who are not going this year due to the wad restrictions.

If it was not a CPSA registered championship shoot then no complaints.

Timps...how did you guess I've already removed it from my "to do" list...?

This used to be a truly international event when it was run at Roundwood, it was one of the very best shoots of the year, not so now I'm afraid.

Cat.