Christened the M55

Dougy

After a long wait up for a decent night out i finally managed to get out with my recently re-barelled M55 in a 22.250 flavor,done by Dave of Valkyrie Rifles, and i must say a brilliant job. :good:

Anyway i popped out tonight about 18.00 and set my cheapo caller out :) and got set up ready waiting loaded up with 53grn v-max and 36grn of varget.

Not long to wait around 20 minutes roughly, 2 pairs of eyes were spotted at the top of the field that would be 300 + yds, both shining brightly so these were on the way in for sure. They seemed to dissapear for a few seconds but re-appeared shortly after coming down the hill, (possibly went down into a tractor gully as the field are sodden still with all the rain and the snow thaw). I had 2 lamps 1 was gun mounted, the cluson and the 170 i used for spotting, after the verification i use the mounted lamp waited till they got to around 180yds and closing and took the smaller one at around 150 hoping it was the vixen, expecting the dog to hang around. The plan worked less than 2 minutes after there was another down.

In the photo the top one was the dog and the middle the vixen, he was a big brute well scarred around his facepost-2987-0-10514800-1359675829_thumb.jpg

The 3rd fox was crossing behind me shortly after i think it may have been closer but as the others were shot i think it decided to move out of the way. This was a smaller dog fox about the same size as the vixen. The top one was a front chest shot which had a nasty exit wound to its upper vertabre, the other 2 were front side on chest shots.

post-2987-0-83659100-1359676260_thumb.jpg

a brilliant night :good:

Very happy with the rifle bullet combo and more than happy with the night

Thanks chaps, just sitting here on PC and keep getting a strong wiff of Fox eminating from my trousers,

Ii think i will get out and check were i was last night, there were 2 i am sure i hit but lost in the stubble.

Then get these trousers off and in the wash :) they stink :lol:

Nice one Dougy, good shooting mate! :good:

I have read a couple of times about getting rifles rebarrelled but have never really found out what the cost is. Without wanting to sound nosey is there any chance of telling us roughly what sort of price it was to get your 22-250 rebarrelled please?

Well i was sure i had contact with another 1 or 2, but not being 100% i went for a look in the daylight, i have just got back this one was in a tractor rut as i thought, another Dog there was no sign of the other, I will be back Saturday night poss for another look round next time with the other rifle.

post-2987-0-84635900-1359714895_thumb.jpg