isuzu dmax eiger v hilux invinincible

besty57

hi all.as title

thinking of investing in a new truck :/ just asking for any pros or cons .if anyone uses them.i have an 05 l200 warrior at the minute every week something else goes wrong with it :mad:

need space for joinery tools in back .room for dog & gear when shooting.only be towing a small trailer now and then

any thoughts

sorry double post

Edited by besty57

im in two minds wether to buy out right with a finance package.. or go down the lease hire route so servicing wont be an issue,and after 3 years hand it back for a new one.

i think with toyota you get a guaranteed amount when you hand the truck back as long as you get a new truck

any way im of down to my local dealer tomorrow to get some details and maybe book a test drive

I had rodeo for 3 years from new, no problems at all. I have had a Navara now for 2 1/2 years with a few problems ( 2 new sets of leafs on the back ). Due to change in the next few months and seriously thinking of going back to Eiger. Not connected with the following site but I have a mate who saved thousands on a Navara www.autoebid.co.uk.

hi guys .

just a bit feed back on the toyota v isuzu.

toyota test drive went ok apart from one thing gearbox was ok going up thru the gears,but when going from 4 to 3 it woulnt engage 3rd gear dont know if i wasnt dipping the clutch far enough,but it put me off any way. :no:

next test isuzu dmax yukon

really couldnt fault it,apart from engine noise seemed a bit excessive.

Also had a go in great wall steed s.e.not a bad drive.seemed a bit tinny tho.also a constant clicking coming from the engine bay.but good spec.all leather int.heated front seats.and perimeter parking sensors.etc.etc strong>ression.gif

so at the minute my favs the isuzu

was going to test drive the amarok.until i found out the prices .same with the new ranger

alan

Edited by besty57

We have two 4x4s mine is the 3.0 litre hilux invincible the other is the new Isuzu dmax both do the same amount of work in the same sort of conditions and both do it well

It's my 3rd hilux that I have had from new and this one is on an 11 plate 50.000 trouble free miles so far

The one thing that I have found with hilux s is strong resale value and no shortage of buyers

As the Isuzu is new I can't really comment on it too much but so far it seems ok

Regards CWD

If you’re a member of the national gamekeeper’s organisation you can get a discount on a new ranger. I got 7% of a 3.2 limited and a dealer discount. Only downside is the delivery time on 3.2's and Wildtrack, if you’re not too fussy on colour etc 2.2s are much easier to come by.

Toyota also do a discount on the Hilux for BASC members.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had about 15 Hilux's now, the last was a 3.0l D4D that you can see in my profile pic, you will not buy a better truck, there is a reason why they cost more, they are the best truck on the road!

as i said in an earlier post.wasnt impressed with the toyota,i felt the isuzu was better all round.just my opinion,each to thier own.

will keep yous informed if i come across any probs

atb

alan