Six Nations Championship

The Essex Hunter

Now you can all discuss tomorrows results, but what really bothering me is this: How on earth did i miss this thread, its one of my favourite topics of discussion!

Interestin weekend in front of us, and hopefully some good rugby to watch:

Can Italy be that good again? Ireland wont get the chance of an early onslaught against England, so are they gonna win(Grand Slam decider there)? Scotland found some creativity at last. Wales need to remember a game last 80 minutues and France are a wounded side, so very dangerous!

Beer in the fridge already!

Cheers

Aled

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cole may well have been on the wrong side but that is for the ref to deal with. A stamp like that is intended purely to remove the victim from the game - or, if serious enough, from the sport altogether. Healy deserves a lengthy ban but we shall have to see what the citing committee decide tomorrow. Rugby is necessarily a very physical game but such thuggish behaviour needs to be (sorry for the pun) stamped out.

Nick

Cole may well have been on the wrong side but that is for the ref to deal with. A stamp like that is intended purely to remove the victim from the game - or, if serious enough, from the sport altogether. Healy deserves a lengthy ban but we shall have to see what the citing committee decide tomorrow. Rugby is necessarily a very physical game but such thuggish behaviour needs to be (sorry for the pun) stamped out.

Nick

I have had my fair share of being "rucked" and also given it back..but I have never gone out to stamp like that as it was delibarate and dare I say it...cowardly

Overly lenient in my opinion. From the TV footage, he should have been out for the rest of the tournament as that was what his actions had the potential of doing to Dan Cole. Ruck hard, even try to cheat a bit if the ref is looking the other way ;) but there is never a place for deliberately trying to injure another player.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

And so to this weekend....

Lots to look forward to, and a big and brutal battle at Twickenham. If either team "sort it" it could be a historic win!

Scotland v Irealand if BOD gets a bit a space Eire victory, but if the Scottiah back row are allowed to close to the offiside line, i would not like to be an Irish Outside Half.

In theory Wales should beat Italy, but we've been here before and one lucky bounce and it has gone horribly wrong!

I've also got a league cup final to enjoy. (Typical fair weatherd footie fan ............LOL)

Enjoy all.

Cheers

Aled