Chipping all dogs

happypig

So all dogs are to be chipped in England by 2016......

Should help with theft and abandonment..... Not sure about the other stated benefits though.....

The problem is, people can't keep their car registration up to date so without compulsion to keep things up to date the chipping benefits are eroded.

What do we think? Fines for not keeping the information up to date?

pointless... who's going to police it ????

this will make money for someone but they say its FREE to chip your dog but how much to register ? change of owner or selling a litter .then will vets /or animal charities scan dogs and find or inform owners for nowt .As a dog owner I demand that cats get the same treatment

I think that you will find that cats are still regarded as vermin Ie if you are out driving and should run over a dog you are supposed to report it to the police no need with a cat just leave as you would a fox or rabbit.

Why is it that whenever anyone tryes to do something to make life better all people do is complain it wont work its a waist of money its a wonder they ever invented the wheel that will never catch on wast of money etc etc etc.

I think that you will find that cats are still regarded as vermin Ie if you are out driving and should run over a dog you are supposed to report it to the police no need with a cat just leave as you would a fox or rabbit.

Why is it that whenever anyone tryes to do something to make life better all people do is complain it wont work its a waist of money its a wonder they ever invented the wheel that will never catch on wast of money etc etc etc.

(sorry about the hijack) I thought the law changed some years ago that both dogs and cats had to be reported. someone will put me right

(sorry about the hijack) I thought the law changed some years ago that both dogs and cats had to be reported. someone will put me right

You don't have to stop and report cats. It's not a vermin thing but more to do with farming.

You have to stop and report farm animals and dogs. Dogs are seen as tools and have more value than cats.

You don't have to stop and report cats. It's not a vermin thing but more to do with farming.

You have to stop and report farm animals and dogs. Dogs are seen as tools and have more value than cats.

Plus - when you swerve across the road to where the cat is you are normally reported anyway...by the other drivers that see you....and have to avoid you.

My springer was chipped within a few days of getting him.....he does not wear a collar when we are out shooting he's 7 years old and just in the last couple of weeks i have started putting a collar on him when we just go out for a walk but never when shooting..

Edited by hawkeye

I had a cat run out in front of my car many years ago when I was going to work at about 6.30am no chance of it living as one of the wheels went over it in the middle of a council estate I did not stop as I thought how the hell could I find the owner and if I did what would happen if It was a dog with an address disc I would have stopped and took it in to them so that they could berry it.

I had a cat run out in front of my car many years ago when I was going to work at about 6.30am no chance of it living as one of the wheels went over it in the middle of a council estate I did not stop as I thought how the hell could I find the owner and if I did what would happen if It was a dog with an address disc I would have stopped and took it in to them so that they could berry it.

You get address tags on cats too though don't you? I think all cats should have to wear jingley type bell collars anyway, save the birds! :good:

You get address tags on cats too though don't you? I think all cats should have to wear jingley type bell collars anyway, save the birds! :good:

A keeper used to give out reflective collars to new people to the area who owned cats he told them it would help him identify them when he was out lamping foxes :rolleyes::lol: