Tragic incident in S.Africa.

unapalomablanca

One of the very few people that I admire for what he has overcome and now it looks like he has gone and thrown it all down the drain sound to me like she was playing away and got found out.

Living in a gated compound he should not be expecting to be broke in to but then again having no legs it would be hard for him to defend himself other than with a hand gun me thinks.

Living in a gated compound he should not be expecting to be broke in to but then again having no legs it would be hard for him to defend himself other than with a hand gun me thinks.

South Africa's crime rate is horrendous hence he had the gun and presumably legally, it does highlight the issues of guns at home for self defence you do get accidents. This hopefully is a tragic accident and with who he is and where I would imagine he won't be away from home long. How he lives with his actions is another matter

The story going around is that she tried to surprise him for valentines day, he thought he heard an intruder, then fired 4 shots - 2 of which hit. It sounds very plausible - but lets wait to hear the facts. People in South Africa live on edge about intruders, home invasions, crime etc. The fact that he was living in a gated community means nothing. You are only marginally safer.

The BBC are talking about the 'dark side' of his nature and his love of guns. How original of them to come up with this angle. Obviously all gun enthusiasts murder someone eventually.

I think that in many ways it is like the US lots of guns floating about also a lot of violent crime so why would you not choose to arm yourself if you have the option to.

Apart from that there is nothing wrong with guns if used properly they can be good fun.