Catton rifle shoot meet weekend 8th/9th june 2013

SPARKIE

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bought a new sleeping bag just going to get some bbq meats from butchers and gonna freeze it. had a lovely day there yesterday in the sun until I got sunstroke.....booooo.

ive got 100 .22-250 50ish .17 Ackley hornet and 100 .17hmr and a load of .22lr. and about 250 12g

got a few things to sort out like clays and a clay trap frame to make. but im off after Wednesday for 8 days so happy days.

IF ANYONE IS THINKING OF COMING THERE IS ONLY 5 DAYS LEFT YOU NEED TO PM ME TO ARRANGE PAYMENT AND GET ON THE LIST.

Sparkie,

How did you manage to get sunstroke. Every time i saw you, you were hiding under a tree in the shade. :)

Was good to meet you,

cheers, Wobbly.

Sparkie,

How did you manage to get sunstroke. Every time i saw you, you were hiding under a tree in the shade. :)

Was good to meet you,

cheers, Wobbly.

Quite easy with a body that size,

I doubt it was sunstroke as such, he just got a bit sweaty :lol:

I have 1000 rounds of 22 rimfre, 200 for the 222 and about 125 for the 17 Hornet but i havent counted them, whatever I have left to be honest???

If I knew for certain the moving target would be up, I might bring a big gun for some moving target practice but only 20 rounds.

I got to reload some as I went yesterday and had a good day smashing the onions only got 100 .222 and 800 ,22 left so will have to pick some moor up

was probly all the burgers he had :lol::friends:

Looks like it's shaping up to being another excellent do sparkie, very much enjoyed the photos and write-up for the last one, hope that you all have a great meet :good:

It looks like it will be a good weekend get ya name down and come have a play.

Yeah my son says "if he's too bad for school on fri will that mean we can set off earlyer !!"

I wont be there until mid day friday about 1ish id of thought

Sparkie,

Was good to meet you,

cheers, Wobbly.

thats the reason i was hiding in the shade in the afternoon....id had a full morning of being in the sun.

cheers john

Ill. Get there for 8 am then

if ya get there for 8am on the friday you will be the only one lol we will leave ya the targets to get set up lol

I got to reload some as I went yesterday and had a good day smashing the onions only got 100 .222 and 800 ,22 left so will have to pick some moor up

was probly all the burgers he had :lol::friends:

i never had a veggie burger.

GRANDALF
FISHERUK + 3

DRWOLLY
FISTER
DOUGY
FRUITLOOP
crossy 666 + friend
SPARKIE
jeffo223 and his dad
reggiegun + son

albert 888
rallyrus
mad1 +son
taxidriver +son
DOLLYDIP + POSS SON
wideload
m Edwards
p stewart
mubz ?
varmintator ?
Smith4leeds

mooney
stumfelter +wife

miffy

think i have everyone if ive missed ya off let me know 2 more added today.

Edited by SPARKIE

Won't make it to this one, due to not having my license (in for variation), being VERY low on ammunition, saving hard for my new "toy" etc etc

But I sincerely hope that there'll be another later in the year?

Hope you all have as good a time as it sounds chaps, hope to meet some of you sometime soon :good:

maybe ya should have a go at the fox 400yrds.............just shoot it at 4.50pm ten mins before the day ends then walk over to get ya arrows.

bring it we could have a go after shooting mini comp for us unbowmen I can bring catapults have a good old how down.

Edited by SPARKIE

Jeeeeeeeezzzz

I can't believe how much stuff I seem to be bringing just for a two night camping trip :crazy:

ohh,and Im only bringing a couple of air rifles and a 22lr. and bringing shotgun too if I remember some fibre carts

And got,

23litres of water and 16litres of 7uP

Edited by TaxiDriver

Make sure you bring your own water!

No tap where we camp if we are in the same place as last year.

Poor old Carl had to dash about water carrying in his truck.

Sparkie - Should arrive mid afternoon. Takes a little while in my truck and depends on the traffic on the A14.

Looking forward to another great weekend.

(And a little nap by the camp fire...)

Edited by Grandalf

wahoooooo its nearly here.....

As Grandalf said its very remote where we are camping but we do have loo's. I will be bringing the generator so we will have electricity at night for flood lighting/ stereo and phone charging that kind of thing.

You need to bring food-drink-water and stuff to cook with most of us will have bbq's and I don't mind sharing mine when its lit.

you will also need a chair for round the bonfire at night.......Grandalf is going to have a few drawing pins in his to keep him awake.

also if anyone has spare beer coolers that would be great lol

I will be getting there about 1ish ill send a pm out tonight to those who don't have my number.....just in case.

the post code for the shoot is DE12 8LN it will be signposted from the a38 ill be sticking a few pw signs up of the a38 so look out for them.

oh and the weather has been lovely here and looks to be very hot all weekend so suncream and hats lol.

if anyone wants to bring bows n the likes to have a play with after shooting I wouldn't mind having a play.

Edited by SPARKIE

if anyone needs a was or just to do there laundry there's a little river lol.

so have I been appointed as yr official tent erector agene fister :yahoo:

and also im bringing my hide seat for grandalf .so if he dose doses off we can cover him over

Edited by fruitloop