age gap

TJ91

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have replied five times to this but there is only three showing must have been removed

Dam them mods ;) haha

22 acceptable for your 19year old ;) haha

Pm inbound linny

Edited by TJ91

when i was 26 i had a girlfriend who was 43 at the time. we had loads in common and was just meant to be some fun.

we ended up falling in love moving in and had 3 great years together. the time came where i wanted to have my own family as she had 2 off her own.

no regrets. i did what i wanted to do even tho others were not keen on it. its no bad thing imho

I think there's a bit of hypercriticism here, basically it's only because its your sister that there's a problem and your being over protective which is understandable. I can guarantee that most men on here would jump at the opportunity if it presented itself to them and the last thing to enter their mind would be if they was a perv

I think there's a bit of hypercriticism here, basically it's only because its your sister that there's a problem and your being over protective which is understandable. I can guarantee that most men on here would jump at the opportunity if it presented itself to them and the last thing to enter their mind would be if they was a perv

sorry not me

What would call a 'normal' age gap between male n female in a relationship?

My sister of 20years has started seeing a bloke of 43years..seein him for 2months (aparently) n is nw moving in with him. He has a daughter just a few years younger than her..

Am I the only 1 who thinks this is wrong in so many ways??

Yes..i know to expect the **** taking and stupid comments but honest answers would be appreciated

All im going to say is...

... wait till your 40.

As long as he treats your sister right that's all that matters mate if she's happy be happy for her and put in the effort that's what is brothers are supposed to do it may fade away but then it may become a solid relationship that lasts forever you have no way of knowing but she has to make her own mistakes in life knowing she'll always have her brother there when she needs him

We have friends who have a fairly large gap. She is in her mid 40's, he is in his 70's. They have small children - one is 13, the other is 9. They seem to get on well. Dad is retired and has grown up children (and grandchildren) from a previous marriage. He takes care of the new children. She still works. I suppose it may seem awkward as people assume he is the kids granddad :)

I can understand the OP's concern - i'd probably be concerned too if it were my sister. At the same time, some 20 year olds are immature, some are very mature indeed. If she's a girl with her head on straight and she's not sacrificing any of her own ambitions of career/education and she's happy with this guy - then why not. As has been said, it may well take a natural course and fizzle out. Last thing you want to do is alienate her for making her own adult choices.

She has nothing to sacrifice, shes a lazy little ****

I would not call her mature either..more like a stroppy teen most of the time.

The guy seems very gobby, met him yest, more like an immature kid himself so seems a good match as far as i can see.

I think its wrong but live and let live.

Sounds like the perfect situation but from experience the thing you need to know is does he make a habit of girls that age and younger, i know a couple of men who always seemed to have girls of 15/16 about and through their 40's and 50's made a habit of it occasionally one a bit older but not much. Obviously your sister is 20 and if its a one off for him I would be less concerned than the ones I know. They really were on the limit of paedophiles but stayed just legal most of the time absolutely horrible but its amazing how they brainwashed the girls and somehow stayed part of a small community