Lost Bowie knife

marmitemania

Does anybody know where I could get a new or secondhand Bowie knife from? I have tried fleabay and Amazon but I am looking for a certain knife. My mum and dad brought me a Sheffield Bowie knife which I think was J J Roberts it had "Bowie" with the makers name engraved on the blade and had a plain brass hilt with a rivited plain rosewood handle and the blade was around 8/9 inches in a Brown leather sheath. I know I lost it on my last shoot as it was in my leg pocket but I think it must have come out when climbing over a fence or getting in or out of the car. The reason I want one the same is because it had a lot of sentimental value as it was brand new from mum and Dad and I had it at 12 years old so have I have had it 25 years, one the same or very near would make the loss a little easier to swallow. Please help. Thanks in advance. Just an aside note I don't want a foreign made knife.

Just had a rethink and I think it was J Nowill and son.....

Edited by marmitemania

If its got a lot of sentmental value i would be flat out trying to find it.

I have one that my Dad bought me dam near 50 years ago when i was in the boy scouts.

Can you imagine an 8 year old kid in a scouts uniform and a 10 inch bowie knife on his belt.

Knocking on our door saying bob a job. How times have changed. :lol:

I would be gutted if i lost it every time i use i think of my dad. :sad1:

I would hire or buy a metal detector and search the fields till i found it. :good:

I have one that my Dad bought me dam near 50 years ago when i was in the boy scouts.

Can you imagine an 8 year old kid in a scouts uniform and a 10 inch bowie knife on his belt.

I would hire or buy a metal detector and search the fields till i found it. :good:

I know where you are coming from but I do not have ready access to the land and farmyard/yards where I lost it, it was a beaters day and the farmer is very private and was not seeing eye to eye with the keeper at the time. I am going to contact the keeper to see if there is any possibility I can have a look, I have already searched the gateways and any land that I can have access to. Gutted is not even close to how I feel.

I have a metal detector , how far are you from cambs I would be willing to come help you look for it it must really burn knowing its out there ,

Atb

That is a very kind gesture bigman. I,m on the Bed, Cambs, Northants border at Raunds and that is where the farm is. I will have to speak to the keeper and the farmer to see if I can get on the land. It was beaters day and I didn't do any beating just a couple of walk throughs so I could retrace my steps on every drive. Thankyou and will be in touch if I can sort something out if you are close enough, would furnish you with beer tokens and petrol money.. :good:

Unfortunately, I cannot offer to help as I am 3000 miles away at work. However, I do have a shed full of money!!! If you cannot find your knife I will pay for the new one. That way, it will still be a gift and will soften the blow a little. If you find it, I will donate the equivalent sum to whichever charity PW choses for 2013.

Best regards

Beretta06

Unfortunately, I cannot offer to help as I am 3000 miles away at work. However, I do have a shed full of money!!! If you cannot find your knife I will pay for the new one. That way, it will still be a gift and will soften the blow a little. If you find it, I will donate the equivalent sum to whichever charity PW choses for 2013.

Best regards

Beretta06

What a generous offer, not many like you about. :good:

Best regards

Beretta06

If you are serious Sir, you are a gentleman of the highest order! :yes:

The only reason I posted this, rather than sending a PM, was so people could see I was genuine. Nothing worse than a promise in a PM that comes to nothing!! It has happened to me in the past and its no fun. So, once Marmite has done his search, I will complete my part of the offer :-)

Edited by Beretta06