House purchase- Harlow

ferguson_tom

Harlow is a dump, loads of chaffs with staffs

Hatfield heath,is nice along with sawbridgeworth

How does your comment help Ferguson Tom?

By the way is it Sawbridgeworth that the Beckhams live?, you were speaking Chavs i think

Edited by bakerboy

i live in harlow, i have no issues no problems......people that complain are only scared of there own shadow every area has what people say a rough area who cares.

i dont see how harlow is a problem s-hole town its nice enought lots of amenities london down the road the sticks down the other what more could you ask for.

yes there is ***** sites but they dont batter an eye lid at me and find them quite friendly to be fair

a person is as nice or as horrible as they want to be from the poorest to the richest of people

Yeh, exactly. i know nothing about harlow but fair play to any man doing his best for himself and his family. No snobbery in me, i've had it hard, no leg ups for me.

Leg ups what's that mate ;-).

It seems all you do is try to better your self and you never get anywhere.

And then someone comes along who's had a hard but lucky life and tells you. oh well never mind that's life Try harder.

TRY HARDER.

It makes you want to screem

hey everyone thanks for all the advice on harlow. we went house shopping yesterday and started off in stevenage looked at a few three beds in the old town and other areas and then went to great ashby which is a new development about15 years old, as soon as wewere there we fell i love with the area and found a fantastic big 2 bedroom that ticked all the boxes so we went for a second viewing in the afternoon and by 3 oclock our offer was accepted. the only comprimise was the 3rd bedroom but the kids room is more than big enough for 2. the only problem i have now is the house is the ex showhome so is the only 2 bed with the rest being 4 and 5 beds meaning my old discovery is going to look very out of place :lol:

The main issue for me personally would be is a house likely to be a good investment and easy to sell in the future in Harlow. With the budget and list of requirements I'd suggest not but the locals will know more. A quick look on rightmove suggests there are lots arround at the budget level and not a lot under offer which tells you a fair bit.

hey everyone thanks for all the advice on harlow. we went house shopping yesterday and started off in stevenage looked at a few three beds in the old town and other areas and then went to great ashby which is a new development about15 years old, as soon as wewere there we fell i love with the area and found a fantastic big 2 bedroom that ticked all the boxes so we went for a second viewing in the afternoon and by 3 oclock our offer was accepted. the only comprimise was the 3rd bedroom but the kids room is more than big enough for 2. the only problem i have now is the house is the ex showhome so is the only 2 bed with the rest being 4 and 5 beds meaning my old discovery is going to look very out of place :lol:

Wow you don't hang about!

Best of luck mate - moving house is pretty stressful at the best of times :yes:

The main issue for me personally would be is a house likely to be a good investment and easy to sell in the future in Harlow. With the budget and list of requirements I'd suggest not but the locals will know more. A quick look on rightmove suggests there are lots arround at the budget level and not a lot under offer which tells you a fair bit.

Did you check Stevenage using the same criteria? Couldn't find any under offer there either but maybe I wasn't searching right.

I think it says more about the housing/mortgage market than it does the areas tbh.

Edited by TbirdX

Traffic isn't quite that simple the road towards Watton at stone can gridlock but depends which way you go and what time etc but I reckon you've made a better decision especially with keeping it simple to get back to family and road links if you change jobs

Edited by al4x