pellets

Jay

you lads have made some good points about using the same pellet for everything, for hunting I use AA diablo hunter 1.037gr straight out of the tin,for plinking I use any of the several tins of pellets I have bought in my search for the right one.

use the same pellet for all your shooting,,that way you learn to know what you, your gun and your pellets are capable of,,bit daft IMO to use different pellets for different things, find the right pellet for your gun and stick with it,,

all the best Evo

People here recommending the same pellet for everything, but what if you don't take your gun hunting (there is not a lot of info in the opening post)? Hence recommending something cheap if you just want something to muck about with. I think flat head pellets are fine for plinking, plus on paper targets leave a nice, easy to see hole.

It is amazing how the point of impact (POI) changes with different makes of pellets over even short ranges. ???

For plinking or just messing I use Marksman pointed but only because I was given 3500 of them. :cry1:

But it means having to zero for the Marksman then Re-zero for my normal hunting pellets. :crazy:

Most of my guns are zeroed for RWS superdome. Crosman Magnum. Verminpell.

I have 10 guns 3 spring 7 PCPs And i have to mark the guns up to what pellet is the most accurate for that barrel. :good:

One thing that dose surprise me is i find Verminpell a lot more accurate than Accupell. :hmm:

I find one of the best all rounder is RWS superdome accurate in most guns. :D

RWS superfield are even better if you can find them.

Happy :shoot:

Edited by NIGHT SEARCHER

ive played with a few makes of pellets but all i use is AAfield 5.52 but i will say when i used em in my falcon 19 they werent as good, and FIELD TARGET TROTHYS you could put pellet on pellet at 45 yards ive just got a theoben rapid mk2 s type so if any got one what pellets you find best as i be starting with AA FIELD 5.52 any tips be good

ive played with a few makes of pellets but all i use is AAfield 5.52 but i will say when i used em in my falcon 19 they werent as good, and FIELD TARGET TROTHYS you could put pellet on pellet at 45 yards ive just got a theoben rapid mk2 s type so if any got one what pellets you find best as i be starting with AA FIELD 5.52 any tips be good

The AA Field 5.52 don't suit my Falcon either, but the 5.51 DO!

I find rws are good, if you look at the skirt they seem to be double ridged, also found them consistent aswell, other ones I've tried for around the same price Dont seem to be as well made, to some I've tried to be positivly no use what so ever. I can't remember wha t they were but had some what seemed to leave loads of lead on your hands, was coming off like a powder, surprisingly these were pants.

Does lubing a pellet improve accuracy? Or does it just clog up your magazine ? If lube is good, which one?, I use AA fields in my HW100. .177 and it loves them, I started using them in my new BSA but it seems to having a few flyers, how many shots to run barrel in?so ordered a selection pack from eBay to see if there's a better pellet for the BSA Ultra SE .177, I'm getting good consistency then some random ones pellet on pellet, then back to bulleye, could it be the scope? The scope seems to go off zero quickly

Edited by retromlc