crew cab pickups and there problems

barney 66

Looking for a bit of help and advice off those in the know, I,m after the above motor soon hopefully thinking in the region of £9000 whats good and there rough econemy and whats got problems.

I know the Nissan Navara between certain years has big end problems,I think 51 to 55 plate and seems a lot of drive shaft problems,I know someone who had the Ford Ranger 54 plate and was on his 3rd engine,the Toyota Hilux although I think are good they seem thirsty and overpriced,so I am looking at rough econemy figure and any other problems known in all the common makes,these are what I have looked at unless theres anything else people suggest,

Toyota Hilux

Nissan Navara

Mitsubushi L200

Ford Ranger

Look forward to advice and comments please,

Thanks barney

Have a look at Isuzu Rodeo Denver

I had a 3.0L auto which averaged 28 over a couple of years

The 2.5 manual is more economical

They have a good record for reliability.

I now have an Isuzu D-max which is even more economical

Yesterday I travelled from Birmingham to home 110 miles and it averaged 40 mph

It averages 36 generally

9k should gets you a good l200 3 years old and low mileage with a private owner. Mpg does depend a lot on you with pickups a mate with an auto 2008 gets 400 miles plus to a tank but his Missus gets that down to sub 350 so somewhere between about 28 and 32 and that's the auto. If you get one of the higher output ones like the barbarian they can be better on runs. Tank about at 80 or off road then obviously less. I like you would discount the hilux simply because you don't get much for your money. As above you don't get many disgruntled Isuzu owners so they are well worth a look and the newer rangers are vastly better. Best option is to drive as many as you can

Nissan navara aventura long way down on a 58 plate,i average 31mpg,no major problems,had air bag sensor replaced and two weeks ago needed a new UJ on rear propshaft,so replaced both ends.

Nissan parts are expensive if you let the dealer buy,my uj's were £111 each if i let the garage get them,i got both delivered for £49. the air bag sensor from nissan was £490 for the whole unit,i got the part that was bust delivered for £120,the garage charge £48 an hour for fitting,so buy the parts yourself.

Great vehicle to drive very comfortable.

The problems where with the old 3ltr trooper engine the rodeo is a different engine mate good on fuel I have a 3ltr 06 Denver max and it does around 31- 32 round town and 35-36 on a run , had a few different trucks mainly l200's and there's no comparison cracking motor !hope this helps

The problems where with the old 3ltr trooper engine the rodeo is a different engine mate good on fuel I have a 3ltr 06 Denver max and it does around 31- 32 round town and 35-36 on a run , had a few different trucks mainly l200's and there's no comparison cracking motor !hope this helps

Thanks for that,I think its going to be an isuzu,might wait a bit longer a few things to sell and see if i can stretch to a D Max and get the newest I can