Father & Son Shooting Days

I started a post some weeks ago on here 'Childhood how did you get in to shooting' most said Dad had spent the time with them and learned them how to shoot. Have we got any Dads on here that would like to shoot with their son/daughter.

We offer shooting days in the Fens and had a few of these days but never planned them, people have asked and we do our best to provide what they want. I go shooting with my daughter and this is a nice day for both of us, Fenny still goes shooting with his Dad.

Please let me know if this has any milage by letting myself or Fennny know your thoughts.

We would think that about £25 (total price) for the experience would get a few thinking....Not Bad Offer.

The youtube link below was a bit of a motivation for us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HISx2ezSVZE

Edited by Teal

I shoot with my son. I've shot for years from the age of about 13. He showed an interest about three years ago at 12. Since then I've trained him and sent him on BASC training. He now at 15 has his own licence and has a 20g Webley junior and shoots well on both live or clays. You can't beat going out together. Also the memories are price less. We also play cricket together a few times each season. Any one thinking of getting their kids into shooting do it. It's great.

The thing is D.P the wife never complains when I say I am going shooting with my daughter..."aw nice, thats nice" is all I get.

When I go out with the lads it's..." so you will be back when it gets dark then" Love her to death!

Well done with your boy, we need more shooters like yourself.

Edited by Teal

I'm always out with my son he's 10 now and loves it he's been using a 410 but is starting with a 28g iv been out with a few lads on here too ....

Without being soft we are really close and I think it's cos me and my dad never got on so this feels "right" he really interested in all forms of countryside life ie ferreting , shooting even down to setting up his own deeks !With thanks to people on here(daz) he's starting to get his own kit ! ( but I still end up carrying it !)

That's a brill idea mate,I've got 2 lads that love shooting an been pestering me for ages to come with me to see what it's like. They had air rifles for couple of year now but keep begging me to come out with shotgun but there only aged 9 and 11, av you got an age limit, cheers

We are asking shooters if they want this type of day out, have had a few fathers and sons turning up for our shooting days....but never planned.

The sort of things we have talked about for these days are listed below.

We would like this to take place over Pea's or Rape with the use of decoys (we can supply these)

We want the day to be rewarding for everyone concerned, and one we will all remember.

We want this day to be a challenge so when birds are here in big numbers

We have other idea's but would like feedback from yourselves....what kind of day would you like?

We hope to Put a shooting day on Sunday 10 March (Mothers Day) We don't often do Sunday shoots.

I am going to see the fields we would shoot on shortly so will confirm tonight on here.

We got a call this morning and were told that 2,000 Pigeon had appeared On Permissioned Land so will take camera.

It will be short notice shooting but we will open this to everyone and think Mothers Day would be a good time for Father & Son Shooting day.

I Spoke to Fenny and we have agreed that you can bring your child FREE to shoot or watch but we like to see more family days.

I would like to thank the bloke (David) who came to my house last night to give me 150 .410 cartridges? he said he has had them some time

He said one of the lads who shoots with you on Saturday morning said "you are always moaning that they are using too many"

I have had four local lads out for past six weeks and they do go a bit daft at times.....and yes I do moan?

Fenny gave us the last stock so thanks to both.......is moaning that bad......it payed off this time.

P1030544_zpsff688893.jpg

Yes, why not.

We never set an age limit, Fenny shoots with his dad and he is about the same age.

That's what we are trying to promote, both you and your dad are welcome no catch.

We like to think you will have a great day with us....who's the better shot by the way?

My youngest son is 14 but started shooting with me when he was 12, got his own licence and BASC membership at 13 and is always out with me whether its on our syndicate, clays or rough shooting.

In my opinion its teaches them manners and respect something there is not a lot about these days, god do I sound old.

Great

Cheers Mark

Yes, why not.

We never set an age limit, Fenny shoots with his dad and he is about the same age.

That's what we are trying to promote, both you and your dad are welcome no catch.

We like to think you will have a great day with us....who's the better shot by the way?

He is unfortunately!

• 2 weeks later...

I take my lad he is 13 shooting mad live and air rifle we have a good chat teaching him what i know were we are is up on the Wirral Cheshire and there seams to be more shooters that land up here I have gained a small field to shoot on pigeon and crows don't what to hammer it as the birds will wise up plus its a nursery so really no shooting in the week only weekends and when the evening get light if any one knows of a pigeon shoot don't mind paying plus more practice of my son