A gun/scope mounted torch for 100 yards ?

Blackbart

I need a light reliable torch that attaches to rifle or scope for a new permission that i have. There is no vehicle access so i have to walk (yes walk) so ideally something light that throws a good beam @ 100 yards and different lens colours would be good for when they get scittish

What are people using ?

cheers.

what make is that Alex ?

http://www.taclight.co.uk/dereelight/night-master-kit.html

here you go, not the cheapest but you will be impressed.

Pavman the beam is tighter than a lightforce but yes compared to a lightforce with red filter you can see further. Scanning is a bit more tricky as its mounted to the rifle but if you had someone with you it could be easily held. Battery seems to last an age and spares are under a fiver. I use the IR led with my archer and that is superb as well beats the laser hands down.

• 2 weeks later...

Get a jet beam torch (gm01)holder to go on the nm800 from ebay approx £10, and then all you need is a picatinny/weaver accessory rail ring on your scope. Takes 2 seconds to fit to your rifle.

Had a look and that is not really what i am after but the lenser might be ok.

Could anyone who has an NM800 kindly give me the body diameter at a convenient point where you would fit a mount to mount the unit on to a scope? I like to use the mount from my Masterlite Supreme which is superb but the lamp portion of the mount is fixed at 1".

Many thanks.

Edit: Belay that, I've just found the info tucked away in the link provided by al4x - 25mm.

Edited by wymberley