DSPUK

I for one will never fly virgin if at all possible - Can you imagine uproar this would have caused in US.

Virgin should have announced to all passengers that a serving military member was travelling on board in uniform - hand's up those who feel it offends them - Those that did should have been told to leave the plane. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

http://www.dailymail...passengers.html

Dave

They were thinking that it might cause an on board row with someone who was maybe drinking, and had a grudge with the military. A bit like idiots that give others a slap for the football shirt they are wearing. A bit like someone reading the 'sun' in liverpool and getting a hiding. These air rage incidents happen and they must be terrifying. It was the right decision made by a private company with many years experience of the publics behaviour. They have to be 100 per cent happy at take off, and look after others, especially nervous customers. Why does she need to wear it anyway?

Edited by unapalomablanca

They were thinking that it might cause an on board row with someone who was maybe drinking, and had a grudge with the military. A bit like idiots that give others a slap for the football shirt they are wearing. A bit like someone reading the 'sun' in liverpool and getting a hiding. These air rage incidents happen and they must be terrifying. It was the right decision made by a private company with many years experience of the publics behaviour. They have to be 100 per cent happy at take off, and look after others, especially nervous customers. Why does she need to wear it anyway? These people should stop their gobbing off to the press, be grateful they have a good job and act like the war heroes some people think they are.

Utter rubbish. She is perfectly entitled to wear the uniform and should not be made to feel anything other than proud of it. Should some idiot object or kick off on the flight then they would be dealt with as appropriate.

In the US troops in uniform get priority boarding etc. they get applauded and thanked, here they get treated like criminals.

Until the little beards Branson publicly apologises then Virgin should be boycotted.

On the logic that they should not allow her on board, then no one should be allowed to fly in a hijab or burqa as they could make people nervous or likely to kick off.

Utter rubbish. She is perfectly entitled to wear the uniform and should not be made to feel anything other than proud of it. Should some idiot object or kick off on the flight then they would be dealt with as appropriate.

In the US troops in uniform get priority boarding etc. they get applauded and thanked, here they get treated like criminals.

Until the little beards Branson publicly apologises then Virgin should be boycotted.

On the logic that they should not allow her on board, then no one should be allowed to fly in a hijab or burqa as they could make people nervous or likely to kick off.

Rubbish in your mind, but it's their airline.

G4s and virgin should hang their heads in shame, it is not same as football shirts, reading the sun etc, this person serves their country and was on way back to duties, if other people were unhappy they should have stayed off the flight.

S

Of course its not the same, but idiots dont think like that do they?

Rubbish in your mind, but it's their airline.

Idiots don't think, period.

Which just about sums up G4S, how many prisoners have they lost, hell they could not even organise security for the Olympics.

A G4S security guard has no more authority than the average citizen, he should have been told where to get off. As for Virgin staff...........beggars belief that they should act on the say so of a numpty in ignorance of their own companies' rules.

How would any of you like to be told to change out of you camo gear and wear a black sleep suit (pyjamas I assume).

Had it been me I would not have changed into 'sleep suit' and if that meant delaying the flight then delayed it would have been. Virgin G4S whoever would have had to get the police.

Then the doodoo would have hit the fan afterwards......all settlements donated to GOSH for kids & the British Legion

Edit = rant at Virgin & G4S..........rant over.

Edited by Sha Bu Le

Virgin should be ashamed of themselves.

Is this not descrimination against the uk armed services and there personnel.

Do they ask if a member of the cloth wears their robes of office.

Or if a Muslim wants to wear their religious dress.

Bet they don't ask if its ok for the sodding Captain to wear his uniform.

More hypocritical pc rubbish.

Richard Branson must not realise that military personnel fly and so do there friends and families.

Can you imagine the reaction if this had happened in the 1940's.

All this PC carp make my urine boil.

Figgy

Edited by figgy

How times have changed, my troop flew from Kenya to heathrow when the gulf war part 1 was about to kick off so we could deploy there,the only seats were first class,we were treated like kings and had a laugh with all the business men and women on board,we then hung around in the terminal with all our weapons bundled on a trolley(apparently a first as they are usually collected straight from the plane) and had a chat with Elton John.

Every one made us feel welcome and we had no problems.

G4s should hang their heads in shame.

They were thinking that it might cause an on board row with someone who was maybe drinking, and had a grudge with the military. A bit like idiots that give others a slap for the football shirt they are wearing. A bit like someone reading the 'sun' in liverpool and getting a hiding. These air rage incidents happen and they must be terrifying. It was the right decision made by a private company with many years experience of the publics behaviour. They have to be 100 per cent happy at take off, and look after others, especially nervous customers. Why does she need to wear it anyway? and why does the press need to be informed?

Regardless of the circumstances we need to stop pandering to idiots full stop. Anyone with a problem with someone wearing their service uniform should be the one(s) leaving the flight

One person, saying one thing, does not represent a whole ******* company. They made a mistake, god knows why but they did. Someone of the likes of RIchard Brason does not because a bazillionare by making Tabloid pandering company policies like this. Someone made a mistake.

Just as one person, saying 'Let's ban Shooting' does not represent the whole of the United Kingdom.

Jesus christ, stop reading the daily mail, please.

Edited by Bleeh

I'm with you 100%

I remember some years ago whilst serving on HMS Argonaught we fished Mr Branson out of the Irish sea after his hot air balloon crashed whilst he was attempting some sort of record flight, he seemed very happy to see the Royal Navy on that day, maybe he will be reminded of the fact by this disgusting treatment of a woman serving her country!!!

At no point did i mention Richard Branson made the decision did i??? I am simply stating that when he reads the "negative headlines" of his flagship company he will be "reminded" of the last time he was involved with the Royal Navy.

Get off ya pedastall with your rolling eyes gestures and read the content, instead of jumping to assumptions!!!

i agree Figgy, i have flown around the world in my time with the Royal Navy on "duty trips" and if its the airlines policy not to be uniform we have been told prior to the flight, for example "Garuda Indonesia" did not let you travel in uniform in 2002, not sure if its still policy.

Sorry to spoil a good rant, but...

My own prejudice is based on personal experience. Regardless, they should fully take the blame for this blunder - for outsourcing to muppets like G4S - a cost saving measure which has bitten them on the bum.

Virgin Atlantic don't outsource to G4S, the airport do that bit.

I think for an employee of Virgin to come out with the request it must be policy, otherwise they wouldn't bother saying it.

If it isn't they should be reprimanded.

Figgy

"A Virgin Atlantic spokesman said it did not have a policy against passengers travelling in uniform. He added: ‘This was a completely isolated case in which our staff were incorrectly advised by a security agent … We have made contact with the passenger in question to express our deep regret for any upset caused.’"

G4S are a complete joke imho, when you consider how many servicemen and women and police officers that lost thier summer leave to do security duties for the Olympics, with no extra pay, alot of the men and women lost valuable time with thier kids during school holidays etc, some of those service personell had not long returned from front line duties and were looking forward to "family holidays".

Quote "The largest security company in the world, providing a contract to their biggest UK client, turned years of carefully-laid preparations into an 11th-hour fiasco," Labour MP Mr Vaz said.

Edited by GunnySonics