my new place of work

beeredup

Its the MPI adventure figgy its not the one who got its leg stuck, that was JB114 we "paid them off" The MPI adventure (the one erecting the turbines) has a sister ship the MPI Discovery, she is berthed up the Tees both run by a stokesley company

KW

yeah my mate was on the Discovery but he has just lef tto join the Pacific Osprey the beastie i am joining, just been told i "have" to do a 5 day safety course in Singpore!!! in the next few months (gutted)

the Discovery ia nice vessel but its small compared to the Osprey which can carry 12 complete turbine topsides :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Makes my job look boring lol I am warm and well paid though so the wife keeps telling me. :)

Just accepted the Deck supervisors job on this mighty vessel!!

have a gander at http://www.swireblueocean.com/files/pdf/sbo-technical-specs-april-2012.pdf

its an awesome beast of a thing!! we will be dismantling oil platforms off norway and building wind farms (i know) off germany

once went on the Yorkshire belle at brid I threw up then :)

Makes my job look boring lol I am warm and well paid though so the wife keeps telling me. :)

once went on the Yorkshire belle at brid I threw up then :)

yeah i am expecting the weather to be a tad parky!! as i have never worked for a firm that issues thermal longjohns as part of the PPE before ;)

saying that our wind chill out here on my old rig in Liverpool bay is minus 23 degrees c tongiht kinda makes me glad to be sat in the control room on nights lol

Its the MPI adventure figgy its not the one who got its leg stuck, that was JB114 we "paid them off" The MPI adventure (the one erecting the turbines) has a sister ship the MPI Discovery, she is berthed up the Tees both run by a stokesley company

KW

KW. What was the one in Hartlepool for a while behind Heerema with its legs up, lit up like a Chrismas tree on a night.

Figgy

My god that's insane. How on earth do you end up working on that???

i work on some thing a bit similar but a lot smaller now maintaining gas platforms in the irish sea, theres loads of beast like that in the world now but that and its sister ship are currently the worlds biggest wind farm installation vessels (for now)

i work on some thing a bit similar but a lot smaller now maintaining gas platforms in the irish sea, theres loads of beast like that in the world now but that and its sister ship are currently the worlds biggest wind farm installation vessels (for now)

wow u jammy ******* must be amazing. Hard but amazing. sure beats sitting in a Poxy lorry!!!

Took me years to work my way up to the career ihave now, i started off gutting fish for a living and trust me sat in a warm truck beats the snot out of doin that for a livin ;) just pick where you wanna go and when ya achieve that pick a new direction to set off in :)

heres some photos of the sister vessel the Pacific Orca starting to remove the top side of an oil platform, once i join the Osprey a week on Thursday the topsides will be gone and its our job to go out and remove the jacket of the platform (the legs) then we are off to install 80 wind turbines of fthe coast of germany i am looking forward to my new challenging career as things have got kinda stale where ihavebeen working for the past 4 and a bit years

post-52371-0-53205000-1364272083_thumb.jpg

post-52371-0-80956900-1364272114_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well after dismantling and oil rig off Denmark we went to Vats in Norway to unload 3 massive bits of oil rig the heaviest being 690 tonne, i got to cut my heavy lift teeth on a measly 580 tonner ;) we sailed to Grenaa in Denmark for a top up of fuel (2500m3) and sailed for Rotterdam where we have been for almost 3 weeks getting rigged up for a wind farm job in the Irish sea driving the mono piles in with a chuffin big hammer! i am due to get off here on Thursday for 4 weeks of training my dog an as much shooting as i can shake my shotgun at!! :)

heres some photos of the sister vessel the Pacific Orca starting to remove the top side of an oil platform, once i join the Osprey a week on Thursday the topsides will be gone and its our job to go out and remove the jacket of the platform (the legs) then we are off to install 80 wind turbines of fthe coast of germany i am looking forward to my new challenging career as things have got kinda stale where ihavebeen working for the past 4 and a bit years

That is a bit different I have not seen a boat on legs before the rigs that I have seen tend to be just big square things with legs.

Do you still need a dive team flown out to inspect the spud cans with these after jacking down? And I guess the thing is limited to reasonably shallow water given it's a Jack-up. I thought the fjords were all uber deep?

Great looking beast though. I once had to do a couple of basket transfers onto the deck of the DB1 from the deck of a supply vessel. I though that was a big mamma, that thing looks even bigger.

have a gander at http://www.swireblueocean.com/files/pdf/sbo-technical-specs-april-2012.pdf

its an awesome beast of a thing!! we will be dismantling oil platforms off norway and building wind farms (i know) off Germany

Nice to see a few legs to put down ..... far safer ....Just make sure their weight tested before jacking up vessel.

its an awesome beast of a thing!! we will be dismantling oil platforms off norway and building wind farms (i know) off germany

Well done.

Will they let you stick an automatic trap at the top of one of them towers?

• 3 weeks later...

Do you still need a dive team flown out to inspect the spud cans with these after jacking down? And I guess the thing is limited to reasonably shallow water given it's a Jack-up. I thought the fjords were all uber deep?

Great looking beast though. I once had to do a couple of basket transfers onto the deck of the DB1 from the deck of a supply vessel. I though that was a big mamma, that thing looks even bigger.

yeah the Fjord we were in was too deep we can work 80 metres max depth but we can lift 1200 tonne while afloat :D