Beretta A300 or Benelli Premium Plus

gazbev

Basically boiled it down to these two guns and I wondered what other people preferred or had experience with

I know the Beretta is gas operated and the Benelli inertia and I don't mind which one I have, I have had gas autos before and I don't mind cleaning them.Its down to reliability really They both have guarantees but I think Beretta have a ten year one, they did when I bought my Silver Pigeon.

Both guns feel great when I handle them which makes the choice harder, so just a little help please.

What are your thoughts.

Cheers

Someone will correct me if I`m terribly wrong but the economy Benelli, currently styled as the Premium Plus has been around for years in a variety of disguises such as the ES 100 or the Pintail.

It`s a Benelli design, but is cheaper because it`s made in a subsiduary factory in Spain rather than the main Benelli factory in Italy.

There are no design issues with it,but there may be some concerning quality control.

I like, and own a couple of Benellis, but my advice would be, if the Premium Plus still figures in your selection, to buy the Beretta.

Edited by mudpatten

Guest cookoff013

Someone will correct me if I`m terribly wrong but the economy Benelli, currently styled as the Premium Plus has been around for years in a variety of disguises such as the ES 100 or the Pintail.

It`s a Benelli design, but is cheaper because it`s made in a subsiduary factory in Spain rather than the main Benelli factory in Italy.

There are no design issues with it,but there may be some concerning quality control.

I like, and own a couple of Benellis, but my advice would be, if the Premium Plus still figures in your selection, to buy the Beretta.

sorry for hijacking the thread, i`ve been looking into these for a while. and the benelli has had a slating over the pond. it has reported to have failure to feed issues, some have even reported because they are an economy version that benelli dont really support the model as well as it should. a couple of google searches should set you straight.

Did you mean Benelli? Or Beretta? Sorry just the way I read it

Cheers cook off, I've done a load of google searches mate the US guys seem to love the benellis and we seem to get a better Beretta range sometimes.

I know Benelli are loved because they are easy to clean but what is the hassle really, I'm not a professional shooter so dont have to clean it every day but like to put it in the cabinet clean, an extra five minutes won't hurt

I have a mate,an RFD who can get either for me from gmk and he has a es.100 and says they are the muts nuts but I'm leaning toward the Beretta

jeez up, whats with all the slating of the benelli?

i own the es100 variant and it will cycle anything!

what alot of people seem to forget is the premium plus/pintail/es100 inertia system is designed to be a work horse that will work in all conditions. it uses the older style, non rotating bolt, inertia system found in the older benelli M1's and 121's. how many of those are owned worldwide?

as with any inertia driven gun, its all about running them in properly. 2 slabs of heavy loads is all mine took. cycles 21grams no probs now.

and if im honest, the quality of the gun is no different to any other semi ive used.

my fiance's dad has the M2, and mine will happily shoot just as well and just as long.

just purely out of interest, how many of you who are telling the OP not to buy the premium plus have actually owned one for any length of time?

Edited by brett1985

jeez up, whats with all the slating of the benelli?

i own the es100 variant and it will cycle anything!

what alot of people seem to forget is the premium plus/pintail/es100 inertia system is designed to be a work horse that will work in all conditions. it uses the older style, non rotating bolt, inertia system found in the older benelli M1's and 121's. how many of those are owned worldwide?

as with any inertia driven gun, its all about running them in properly. 2 slabs of heavy loads is all mine took. cycles 21grams no probs now.

and if im honest, the quality of the gun is no different to any other semi ive used.

my fiance's dad has the M2, and mine will happily shoot just as well and just as long.

just purely out of interest, how many of you who are telling the OP not to buy the premium plus have actually owned one for any length of time?

Probably not alot of them.

Thanks for the replies, although I like the Benellis, the only advantage to owning one over a Beretta is they are easy to clean. it seems people prefer the Beretta. I am leaning toward the a300 just because it has a ten year guarantee but I still have a foot in each camp so could be persuaded either way.

Solz you are not the only one who has said put another couple of hundred quid and get an M2

i got my benelli m2 a few months ago, was told to shoot 32g for a bit to wear it in, and did this however did put a few 24g through i and it cycled fine no problems, i cant fault it one bit,

saying all this i shoot left handed and want a true left handed gun (which the m2 is) is i was right handed i may i gone for a berretta of some kind just because i had only shot gas operated semis befor.

however like i said im realy happy with my bennelli and not planning to buy a gas operated semi just because its gas.

ATB

Hi, I brought a beretta es100 new 3 weeks ago. I fired 100 mixed loads including eley firsts 21 gram to buffalo 36 gram. All functioned faultlessly.

I owned it for 5 days (shortest time I've ever owned a gun) I part ex'ed it for a used 391 urika.

Reason

The es100 has a straight stock. There are no shims available. I was shooting to the left so no good. I looked at a new a300, felt very nice but a bit light for me. Picked up the 391, felt great! Right hand cast, bit low in the comb. Turned the stock shims over which raised it 5mm. Perfect.

The ability to "fit your gun to you" for me is a real plus, also the low cost of the a300 is keeping the used 391 at a bargain price. One for sale in the private adds (nothing to do with me).

Try premium plus first to see if you like the fit, then try a beretta.

All the best,

Smith