Philpots

THE AD

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a rubbish result...

He could still be alive and out for 10-30 years!!!

And 17 what will they actually serve??

She'll do at least half of the 17 years. He cannot be considered for release before 15 years and he probably won't get released for a couple of years after that, at the very least. I think that he's 52 now and has done about a year on remand so, realistically, he'll be inside until he's at least 69 or 70. That's if he's still alive by then!

J.

I do not understand how they can be given life but be out after 17 years.

She has been sentenced to 17 years. She will be elligible for relase after half of that. That's not a guarantee that she will get out though and she could well do the full term.

He was given a life sentence with a minimum term of 15 years before he can even apply to be released. When/if he is it will be on life licence as a life sentence doesn't end when you are released. A person on life licence can be recalled to prison for any transgressions later on.

When someone is sentenced to say ten years that is what they should serve.

I entirely agree. Being let out before serviing your full term should be for things like being an exceptional prisoner or similar. If you get ten years but you are really only going to do five is a bit of a con on the rest of society. If you want someone to do five then sentence them to five.

J.

When they say a Life Sentence it should mean Life!!!

I agree. I think this is especially true in the case of murder (which they haven't been convicted of so nto entirely relevant). When we aboloshed the death penalty the public were told that it would be replaced with life imprisonment and I'm sure that people took that to mean that a murderer would never be released. That isn't what happened though.

J.

well going by what mick philpot said that he hed a high sex drive and so have the boys in prison the lads in prison are going to think that cristmas has come twice as they dont take kindly to child molesters and child killers see how long his sex drive last now lol

slightly unrelated but did you hear about the policeman who's just been sentenced today for dealing drugs? 24years he got and he didn't even kill anyone

Beat me to it, how the hell do the two crimes compare leaving the bent copper with a bigger prison term? Admittedly his actions probably led to the deaths of others but that wasn't what he was tried for.

Apparently he was flogging confiscated drugs and made £600,000 from the dealing.

The thing is everybody probably knows somebody like Philpot. I'm not talking about killing his kids, I'm just talking about his attitude to life. A plasterer I was talking to told me he had six kids by six different women and didn't pay any support for any of them. He was however buying them all an Easter egg so thats all right then.

The thing is everybody probably knows somebody like Philpot. I'm not talking about killing his kids, I'm just talking about his attitude to life. A plasterer I was talking to told me he had six kids by six different women and didn't pay any support for any of them. He was however buying them all an Easter egg so thats all right then.

yep i've known several over the years, abuse the system and ruin it for everyone else.

I'm sorry but that comment doesn't belong on this site.

I was being nice mate!!!!! Nothing is too sinister and violent for them 2. Point taken, but just think of them little uns being burnt and asphyxiated alive and the fear and terror they went thru, Jesus it's boiling my blood thinking about it,

Flynny

I see the chancellor has caught it in the press for highlighting the fact that the Philpots lifestyle was funded entirely by tax payers.

I think it's a fair point. It's not as though Mr Philpot was hiding anything under a bushel was he? He'd been on telly twice and was quite proud of his morally bankrupt way of life.

I'm no fan of any of "the spotty never done a days work or run a business themselves" government but old George appears to be calling it how the rest of the tax paying Country see it.

I am beginning to see how the concept of "shame" helps glue a well ordered society together. There is no shame anymore. I await the Mick Philpot book and mini series

he was taking £4000 a month in benefits for the kids nevermind the fact the house was paid for and bills by the council. someone at work tried to work it out and that was like being paid £80000 a year no wonder he didnt want his ex misses to take half the kids.

Edited by SPARKIE

He had a dozen kids and was larging it up on telly.

I reckon the local dole office would have loved to tell him to f-off, but oh no, the legislation is there and they are "entitled" to all the dosh they got.

That "entitlement" and the system is completely and utterly wrong, end of.

Another reason to stop children / family related benefits beyond 2 kids.

I see the chancellor has caught it in the press for highlighting the fact that the Philpots lifestyle was funded entirely by tax payers.

I think it's a fair point. It's not as though Mr Philpot was hiding anything under a bushel was he? He'd been on telly twice and was quite proud of his morally bankrupt way of life.

I'm no fan of any of "the spotty never done a days work or run a business themselves" government but old George appears to be calling it how the rest of the tax paying Country see it.

I am beginning to see how the concept of "shame" helps glue a well ordered society together. There is no shame anymore. I await the Mick Philpot book and mini series

In the mining areas where I used to live anyone caught or suspected of thieving or kiddy fiddling would be at best ostracised by the community or at worst severely dealt with by some of the younger hard men. They would not be tolerated. These days the thieves and cheats have the upper hand. Society, I use that work because community in those areas ceased to exist when the pits went, are running scared of the scum. No one dare stand up to them or grass on them.

That is the biggest change I noticed in the last thirty years or so.

he was taking £4000 a month in benefits for the kids nevermind the fact the house was paid for and bills by the council. someone at work tried to work it out and that was like being paid £80000 a year no wonder he didnt want his ex misses to take half the kids.

It's not just the money the State pays them. they also use services to a far higher level than most people. They are never away from the doctors demandig all sorts of pain killers and tranqulisers to sell on, have their own social workers and council housing workers, take up a lot of police time, make extra demands on the education system. The list goes on.