Cracking morning and good start to the bucks.

sako751sg

Very busy work ways so hardly been oot for a crack at the bucks but having a wee spell off from today with the forcast looking good for the near future.Up at 0515 this morning with a hard frost and nice clear skies and hardly any wind so packed the dugs and gat into the Jeep and away.

Five minutes later and onto a place that used to have loads of roe due to woodland,but since its been snipped doon you only get them passing through but will be good again when the replanted trees are up.First park i came to showed two bucks,one clean 6 pointer and the other a yearling and a ping with the binos showed them as 170ish away so it was a case of rifle oot,get comfy and squeeze.The bigger buck was the first to get the pill,and on the shot he ran 20ish yards to the fence before going doon,so onto the wee fella and he dropped straight away on the shot.The big lad has a nice even 6 point head and will be over 20kg so a fair beast.

Next place was moving with roe,and i counted 24 with 8 bucks that i could make oot and i nail every buck i can due to tree damage with them rubbing.Wind was wrong for all but a trio,two does and a buck and after an easy stalk of 50ish yards i took the shot with him at 97m.Again on the shot he dropped,and another buck still in velvet in the box.

Long time since ive seen this many roe and altogether counted 47 on or around my places and the last bit was the MILs where 3 were actually on her lawn.There was also a mature buck in among heavy cover which made it easy to sneak up on him,and when i was 50 away from him i set the sticks and chapped him.A clean fella,but only with 4 points but again a good body weight.

Good start to the bucks but its already two weeks into the season so well behind compared to usual but with the right weather things will catch up.

171_zps23f0306a.jpg174_zps17bccb28.jpg175_zpsccd1c4e5.jpg178_zps34edc0db.jpg179_zps3adf69a0.jpg181_zps2d9eeeca.jpg183_zps844cce2b.jpg185_zpsa5166077.jpg186_zpsce8d36dc.jpg

You did ok loon did you manage ta find some shooting gear or was it out in a skirt AGAIN ! Like a said on the phone the other night plenty of bucks showing here but most of the big fellas are still in velvet the young mut looks switched on witch is very unusual for a springer lol

Looks a cracking day loon - weel done :good: You probably don't realize how lucky you are with the ground you have & Deer to shoot but you do work hard for it :good: Good weather forecast soon so guid fodder foe the barbie :yes: :yes:

Top arrows fella,not started on mine yet,had a scout round the nite and quite happy what was going about,but a lot still in velvet.The pot lickers look fine,but could do wi coming doon to Andy for a hair cut! Lol

Tam ur having a laugh work hard my **** the lazy **** went as far as 50 yerds fi the gait! Lol

Cheers all.

Brilliant result mate. You certainly do have some roe numbers up there. You anywhere near Aboyne as I stalked there once and no shortage of roe around there.

Cheers fella. Nay that far from Aboyne,maybe an hoor away. Great place up there with plenty beasts for sure.

Looks a cracking day loon - weel done :good: You probably don't realize how lucky you are with the ground you have & Deer to shoot but you do work hard for it :good: Good weather forecast soon so guid fodder foe the barbie :yes: :yes:

Cheers Tam. I know how lucky I am fella and try nay to forget it. Here's hoping the weather warms up a wee bit soon. Dina listen to they two bams from Lothian way. I've seen them,and they would be lucky to drive 50m never mind walk it.

Nice post, what about Gordon Castle are you and the youngster up for it ? Sunday the 19th May the The Gordon Castle Highland Games and Country Fair I'll have the SACS stand there you could show us how nice your Venison is :yes:.

Cheers Tam. If we go it will be spur of moment fella. Never been so if free will head up for sure and take a bit of finest Aberdeenshire roe with us.

Wow well done Dave some lovely looking bucks buddy! Save me one :good:

Plenty here Alex but the weather nay great the noo.

Edited by sako751sg

Excellent Dave.Great write-up,superb pics,great job.Well done indeed!

Ta Mark. Fine to get oot but the weathers grim again.

Well done :good:

Ta fella.

you seriously have some stunning land up there cracking pics

Cheers fella. Great places for sure.

OMG fantastic LOL man

Ta fella.

well done and nice photos as usual.

Cheers John.

Top arrows fella,not started on mine yet,had a scout round the nite and quite happy what was going about,but a lot still in velvet.The pot lickers look fine,but could do wi coming doon to Andy for a hair cut! Lol

Tam ur having a laugh work hard my **** the lazy **** went as far as 50 yerds fi the gait! Lol

Cheers Bam. I think Cock3 lets his dugs do his hair for him by the looks.

no can do gaji i only do gundogs no mongrels 5 4 3 2 1 !

Ye don't do mongrels. I beg to differ. I've seen pic of yer Missus. I was only being kind when i said she was bangable.

living the dream Dave. lovely to see such stunning land would give my left nut to get permission like that

Cheers Andy. Offer your left nut to cock3 fella,he's nay got any baws and will bite your hand off for one.

Nice pics and a good write up, good job

Ta fella.

I was out this morning for about 5 hours never seen a thing good stalking by the way

Cheers fella. They are a wee bit hit or miss with this colder weather but will start appearing more with the fine spell when it comes hopefully.

What a cracking time you seem to have had mate. Great write up, fantastic photos and a really excellent result. Your dogs are looking really good too Dave!

I just can't wait till I am able to find time to get out amongst a few of them myself again but that will happen all in good time!