FAC .22 air rifle

l9udy

Hello guys

I'm after some advise lease.

I'm in the market for a .22 FAC air rifle to go along with my HMR for vermin control.

I've been looking at the Theoben Rapid. (I know Theoben have folded). Does anyone have one? I'm looking for peoples experiences with them or maybe recommend something different. Obviously it needs to be accurate, reliable and as a higher shot count as possible.

Look forward to your replies

Cheers

ive a mark 1 rapid in fac,i got it when they came out years ago,i still own it now, over the years ive tried all the other guns ,some look nicer, some have nicer wood etc etc, but for shots per fill and what i call consistent accuracy i hav,nt yet found a gun that can beat it,ye they have gone bust but you can still get parts for em,to me when you put an air rifle in fac most loose on accuracy but rapids if any thing get better,just my opinion ,cheers simon

I have two rapids one running at 30ftlbs one running at 40 both unregged fast flow jobs with bsa 19" barrels AWT silencers etc,both are ultra accurate both do the job well get 60 odd useable shots on the 40lb job with a 400cc cylinder 80ish on the 30lber. use @ 45- 60 yards after that out comes the rimmy or HMR

KW

Edited by kdubya

I have two rapids one running at 30ftlbs one running at 40 both unregged fast flow jobs with bsa 19" barrels AWT silencers etc,both are ultra accurate both do the job well get 60 odd useable shots on the 40lb job with a 400cc cylinder 80ish on the 30lber. use @ 45- 60 yards after that out comes the rimmy or HMR

KW

Are you really getting that many shots at those pressures on a fast flow set-up ?

Edited by swingit

can someone please explain what the differance between regulated and fast flow? how does this effect each rifle?

I'll leave that to some of the more educated lads to explain. :lol:

I've an old unregulated mk1 Rapid 12 in .22, with a 16" barrel, running at 25ftlb. Not sure what the maximum shot count is, as I usually just top up after 5 mags. Fitted a Dr Bob trigger blade to the original Gamo trigger unit,which improved it a lot. It's more accurate than me, and I won't be parting with it any time soon. Don't worry about getting parts, there's plenty of lads on here who can point you in the right direction. :good:

Are you really getting that many shots at those pressures on a fast flow set-up ?

My 40ftlb fast flow MK2 did 24 shots before it dropped right off. A complete waste of time........and as noisy as a 410!! Save your money up and get a daystate. You won't look back!!

yep, guns were built and set up by sam bolton, more than a few years ago cracking bits of kit.

KW

Rapid Mk1 with 16" barrel gives me 50 shots @ 27ft/lb(Biz Mags),as much money as I would want to have in an FAC air rifle for my needs.Maybe agricultural compared to later Daystates( but not to my early Daystate Midas) but an accurate & reliable working gun.

It comes down to you handling as many guns as possible to see which one suits you. I started down the fac air route some 5 years ago, having a theoben rapid mk1 running 28ft/lbs, .20 calibre, lovely gun but very heavy, i sold it and then bought an airarms S410 extra @ 32ft/lbs in .22 great gun useful in that the power could be reduced, gun was too long with moderator on.

I have just taken delivery today of a daystate huntsman in .22 cal at 3oft/lbs and its the same weight as its 12ft/lbs mate, i shot 40 shots through it before the power dropped. I also have the .22lr and just sold the .17hmr. hope this helps

ATB

jon