Primo Crow Caller

-Mongrel-

Right! In an attempt to get an answer or two, I'm starting a whole new thread regarding the Primo Crow/Power caller to ask...

1/ Do they really work?

2/ Are they supposed to sound like a duck with a sore throat?

and 3/ Is there a trick to blowing them to make them sound more realisic?

I have used Primos Power Crow calls for many years and have had great success using them. You have to know how to use them to get the best results, and many people buy them, and give them up as rubbish, only because they don't know how they work.

When blowing into the Primos, you should try and make a 'grrr' sound. This gives a raspier sound. Also, by adjusting the strength of how you blow into the caller, will give you different tones, as does biting down on the rubber tube. The Primos is, in my opinion, the very best caller on the market. I have called in Crows, Rooks and Jackdaw's using mine.

Right! In an attempt to get an answer or two, I'm starting a whole new thread regarding the Primo Crow/Power caller to ask...

1/ Do they really work?

2/ Are they supposed to sound like a duck with a sore throat?

and 3/ Is there a trick to blowing them to make them sound more realisic?

Hi Bud you want to talk to Steve B Wales he's very good on the Primo, I hardly ever use a call. :good:

I think i can use this caller now after these excellent tips, and managed to lure another 8 birds in but missed them all again with my new berretta 303. its surprising the range of crow like sounds you can produce but does take some practice but i would defer to Steve B as much more experienced and i'm sure he can shoot. Come on Steve b how about a video of your technique?

Further to my 'elusive crows' post a few months ago, my calling and field craft is improving but unfortunately I still can't shoot but trying with half choke on the berretta now and it fits me nicely compared with my previousgun which is too long in the stock and didn't want to butcher it.

I think i can use this caller now after these excellent tips, and managed to lure another 8 birds in but missed them all again with my new berretta 303. its surprising the range of crow like sounds you can produce but does take some practice but i would defer to Steve B as much more experienced and i'm sure he can shoot. Come on Steve b how about a video of your technique?

Further to my 'elusive crows' post a few months ago, my calling and field craft is improving but unfortunately I still can't shoot but trying with half choke on the berretta now and it fits me nicely compared with my previousgun which is too long in the stock and didn't want to butcher it.

I can tell you Steve B can shoot very well. :good: iv'e seen him in action. :good: I use 1/4 and 1/2 choke and 6 and trap cartridges. :good:

Edited by eccles

I bought one a few weeks ago and, though I'm not great with it, it does seem to work. I can't get the hang of growling into it so far but I find cupping my hands around the end, not biting on it at all and blowing fairly gently works well. in a kind of counting motion - like you hear crows do; 1-2-3-4 (well, makes sense to me :whistling: )

Saying that, I also bought a primos "old crow" and I've found the mouth piece from one fits the other and a less "plasticy" sound can be made with the "power" mouthpiece in the wooden tube from the "old crow" :good: