lurcherboy

Ok, here goes.

Anyone having login problems just now, which can't be solved by closing and opening their browser, may have to run my script again.

Apologies to anyone technical, this is not an accurate technical explanation...

Computers understand numbers, not words. When you put "forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk" into your browser it has no idea what that means, it needs to turn those words into a number it can understand.

Think of it like a telephone directory, you have one in your house, but you also have directory enquiries. If you don't have the number you need in the house, you ask directory enquires. The computer always looks in its phonebook first, then asks directory enquiries.

When the forum wasn't accessible a few months back all that had happened was someone had removed the number from directory enquiries. Your computer asked for the number it needed, but wasn't getting an answer.

My script put the numbers in the local phonebook, so when your computer asked it got the answer.

Now, people move house, if they do you need to update your phonebook. The forum moved house, but since my little fix is still in place the numbers in the phonebook your computer checks first, are wrong.

If you know of someone having this problem, send them this link :-

http://jds-dwh.demonweb.co.uk/forum.html

Click on the link, download the file and double click on it. It will tell you if it found my fix, if it did then all is well. Follow the instructions and then close, and open your browser and all will be well.

If you run the fix and it says it is installing itself, you will need to run it again so it removes itself. This wasn't your problem and leaving the fix in place will stop you from getting back in.

Hope this made some sense. PM me if anyone still doesn't understand and I will talk to you on the phone.

Cheers

Pin

I couldn't get on from early Friday evening and have only been able to get on this afternoon.

As I was shooting all day Saturday and out to dinner Saturday evening, it worked out fine for me.

I think it may have had something to do with unloading pin's temporary link, as it was after doing that my problems started.

As its strange that some people were able to get on and others weren't.