help needed cant hit a barn door

ive had my shotgun for a while now but struggle to constantly hit anything and its starting to get to me a little now as i have now problems at all when shooting a rifle but just find the shotgun a real challenge im now thinking of taking a lesson or two does anyone know of anyone who gives lessons in the plymouth area and how much they cost

thanks Aaron

Get some tuition and make sure the gun fits , since I have done these 2 important things I'm amazing myself at how well I can do , took the misses to dust some clays today and she was seriously impressed with how much better I'm getting

Newnham Park shooting ground nr Plympton is good, but expensive. Otherwise try Lower Lake shooting ground in Cornwall, the owner Bill is a great guy and a good coach, he'll soon put you right

+1 for Newnham Park, very good set-up!

If struggling to hit the barn door, go inside the barn! :whistling:

I had never shot anything flying and had a couple of one hour lessons from a very good tutor (Ian Morris for those in this area) Ian is a brilliant teacher and an excellent shot - shame you arent closer but try a couple of hours with the best recommended coach you can find. (Anyone want Ian's details, please Pm me.

Guest cookoff013

the thing is, shotguns are skill based low technology, not like rifles which are high tech and results can be acceptable even with lower skills.

if you are having issues, it could be gunfit, sight picture issues, eye sight or just shooting in the wrong piece of sky.

there is nothing wrong with lessons at all. i bet after a few, you`d be hitting some amazing shots beyond what you think of now.

-i had lessons years ago.

+1 for the lessons , although I shot from a very early age I took the opportunity to have a lesson from Clarrie Wilson (GB/England Shooter ) in 1967 when he used to run the Little Mill Shooting Grounds at Rowarth .

the thing is, shotguns are skill based low technology, not like rifles which are high tech and results can be acceptable even with lower skills.

I will tell my mate that.

if you are having issues, it could be gunfit, sight picture issues, eye sight or just shooting in the wrong piece of sky.

there is nothing wrong with lessons at all. i bet after a few, you`d be hitting some amazing shots beyond what you think of now.

-i had lessons years ago.

Definitely lessons mate, they will certainly do you no harm at all! :yes::yes::yes:

If as you say you couldn't hit a barn door then I suspect that you are like a fair few of us on here (Myself included) maybe we should get together and start our own exclusive "Clay Savers Club"! :lol::lol::lol:

thanks all for your replies think i will try and find a coach in my area does anyone know the going rate for an hours lesson

Definitely lessons mate, they will certainly do you no harm at all! :yes::yes::yes:

If as you say you couldn't hit a barn door then I suspect that you are like a fair few of us on here (Myself included) maybe we should get together and start our own exclusive "Clay Savers Club"! :lol::lol::lol:

ha ha very funny mate :lol::lol::lol::lol: where do i sign up