toilet problems

roadkill

Please help , I have a 18 week old Staffordshire bull terrier , and im having big problems getting her toilet trained ... She is great at doing number 2's outside that's not the issue . She just keeps urinating in the house , at night time she use to have the run of the kitchen and I was coming down in the morning to quite a few puddles.

So I was told to get a cage as they wouldn't urinate where they sleep . So I did this at it seemed to do the trick but the last couple of days she has been urinating in it .. So now I don't know what to do next Is there any tricks and tactics to getting this right ?

cheers Jamie

roadkill,

get her into the vets and have her checked for a bladder or urinary track infection.

NTTF

will do , but happens if all is norm then what?

Sorry to butt in but if you're at the vets and she checks out ok then i'm sure the vet will tell what the next step is! :good: No offence to NTTF as i'm well aware he knows what he's talking about but i would listen to the word of someone who has examined my pet first hand over someone on the internet.

I disagree.

I know for a fact that even I have more experience of raising and training dogs than my vet has.

I will always ask my vet for advice on ailments and suspected ailments, but would rather take advice from

people with a lifetimes experience in raising and training dogs (i.e. NTTF) when it comes to training issues.

I disagree.

I know for a fact that even I have more experience of raising and training dogs than my vet has.

I will always ask my vet for advice on ailments and suspected ailments, but would rather take advice from

people with a lifetimes experience in raising and training dogs (i.e. NTTF) when it comes to training issues.

:good: But I don't think he is, as I agree 100% with what he is saying.

Rarely will you find a Vet that is an expert in animal behaviour, or training.

They only deal with the health issues.

roadkill,

get her into the vets and have her checked for a bladder or urinary track infection.

NTTF

she was all clear , I have now had two mornings where there as been a number 2 waiting for me in her cage ... The time she is in it over night is no more than 6 hours and before i go bed i let her out in the garden :no:

roadkill,

NTTF

she was all clear , I have now had two mornings where there as been a number 2 waiting for me in her cage ... The time she is in it over night is no more than 6 hours and before i go bed i let her out in the garden :no:

two questions Mate, when you let her out in the garden do you go out with her and make sure she goes? and How big of a crate is she in. If it is a full size to fit her when she is grown, do you have it blocked down to her size at presant?

NTTF

roadkill,

NTTF

she was all clear , I have now had two mornings where there as been a number 2 waiting for me in her cage ... The time she is in it over night is no more than 6 hours and before i go bed i let her out in the garden :|

two questions Mate, when you let her out in the garden do you go out with her and make sure she goes? and How big of a crate is she in. If it is a full size to fit her when she is grown, do you have it blocked down to her size at presant?

NTTF

yes i go out with her to make sure she goes i now take her water of her at night and for the last few days there has been no wee , but now im having a nice **** left in there now ... there was one waiting for me today :no:

I believe the crate is a full size one to fit her when she is fully grown . So how do i block it off?

RoadKill,

Sorry Mate been out of comission last couple of days, but trying to get you an answer up.

Take a cardboard box or a piece of plywood cut to size and fit it in the crate so that she has enough room to laydown and turn around comfortably in, 1/3 to 1/2 the crate should do. Be sure not to make it too roomy or she will use part of it for a toilet.

I would be sure that she has her last feed around 5:30/6:00 pm and her last drink by roughly 8:00pm and last outs around 10:00pm. As she grows you can resize the crate by moving the board further back, or cutting the depth of the box down.

NTTF

RoadKill,

Sorry Mate been out of comission last couple of days, but trying to get you an answer up.

Take a cardboard box or a piece of plywood cut to size and fit it in the crate so that she has enough room to laydown and turn around comfortably in, 1/3 to 1/2 the crate should do. Be sure not to make it too roomy or she will use part of it for a toilet.

I would be sure that she has her last feed around 5:30/6:00 pm and her last drink by roughly 8:00pm and last outs around 10:00pm. As she grows you can resize the crate by moving the board further back, or cutting the depth of the box down.

NTTF

will try all of this and will get back to you .. thanks very much

she is fed 3 times a day ( small amounts ) should i reduce this to twice a day?

urgh, dont ever rub your dogs nose in its mess.

you have to be reprimanding a dog within seconds of its behaviour otherwise it doesnt know what its being told off for. but the nose in the mess is just disgusting and foul.

those of you who think the dog can tell its done wrong when you come into a mess simply by its submissive or subdued nature, are more than likely wrong. someone correct me if im wrong, but i'm sure its just the dog picking up on your body language and angry voice?