Channel 4 - Skint

ME

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you are kidding aren't you, thats why labour took so long to get thrown out last time.

I'm not so sure. I think alot of the middle classes were bamboozled by click marketing and fancied a change. They continued to win on the back of the longest worldwide bull run in the economy in a generation (which started while the tories were in power mind you), and then got disenchanted again with Brown and a tanking economy and failing banks.

plus the money they were paid, I work with a lad whos sister was on the show.

The crew did them a big after show party at the local pup, free drinks etc.

They got paid? Wow - they are employed. I hope they docked their benefits.

Question....

How come they always seem to have enough money for booze, fags, sky TV, mobile phones, Playstations , mac D's etc and holidays too?

Surely benefits should just cover the essentials or am I just old fashioned?

Aren't the things you describe now considered to be the bare essentials though?

Because when you don't have to pay for anything else, what you get is spending money.

A new family have just moved in opposite us, they don't work and the first thing that went up was a Sky dish closely followed by a large blow up hot tub in the garden. We don't have sky and could just manage some swings for the children.

Edited by Livefast123

I was out of work for 2yrs, after 6 months all my monthly bills were being paid, I had cover paid for over 20 yrs working.I got jsa this paid for anything else I needed.

I couldn't afford to live like I do now but it wasn't hardship.I couldn't afford to work for minimum wage or less then about £7 an hour.I turned down jobs that involved working 45 hr nightshifts for £6.40 an hour.

I think the UK population is like the quiet kid in the corner.......slowly building up anger and frustration that nobody notices, then something triggers them and CABOOOOM

I hope so mate, the sooner the better as far as most of the working families are concerned, I'm up for a bit of CABOOOM,

We just need the millions of decent hard working folk to have a voice with the back up to implement it,

Atb

Flynny

I was out of work for 2yrs, after 6 months all my monthly bills were being paid, I had cover paid for over 20 yrs working.I got jsa this paid for anything else I needed.

I couldn't afford to live like I do now but it wasn't hardship.I couldn't afford to work for minimum wage or less then about £7 an hour.I turned down jobs that involved working 45 hr nightshifts for £6.40 an hour.

At the risk of being shot down in flames I gonna say this......

Firstly, it should be hardship being un-employed- agreed we all require some support, but this should be limited to what is required to live and not for life's little extras like sky, plasma TV etc and night outs

Secondly, by accepting a job as offered at the difference of £27 for being self funding with the opportunity of either gaining a different position with the company for a greater wage after some time with them or even , more importantly,being able to put down on a CV that you are in gainful employment - surely this is worth more than £27

Before you say it- yes I have been there.........

At the risk of being shot down in flames I gonna say this......

Firstly, it should be hardship being un-employed- agreed we all require some support, but this should be limited to what is required to live and not for life's little extras like sky, plasma TV etc and night outs

Secondly, by accepting a job as offered at the difference of £27 for being self funding with the opportunity of either gaining a different position with the company for a greater wage after some time with them or even , more importantly,being able to put down on a CV that you are in gainful employment - surely this is worth more than £27

Before you say it- yes I have been there.........

Everyday I look at hard working , tax paying yet thick ***** who dont vote at some of the places i work and they in part epitomise the problem with the current voting system in that people who often complain cant get off their ***** to vote.

I get called a snob for looking down at them yet i enjoy their insult as i like to feel different to people like that.

Voting, USE IT OR LOSE IT in my opinion.

bang on lads,

Atb

Flynny

I understand that 50% of university educated women don't go on to have children. These are the very people that the country needs to have children.

the simple answer is a coalition government can't put the brakes on fast enough, if you look at the progress made they have done a fair bit to the welfare state but in this day and age you can't just take it away all together much as many of us would like to happen. Sadly its the people that really shouldn't be allowed to breed that are doing most of it as the rest who work have to breed to the limits of their finances, if you rely on the state then you don't have the same issues.

Because the likes of us pay!!!

Question....

How come they always seem to have enough money for booze, fags, sky TV, mobile phones, Playstations , mac D's etc and holidays too?

Surely benefits should just cover the essentials or am I just old fashioned?

I understand that 50% of university educated women don't go on to have children. These are the very people that the country needs to have children.

In Sinagpore the child benefit is related to 1) the number of children you have and 2) the parent's education level and C) your nationality (it is only paid to Singapore Nationals)

If I remember correctly you get more per child up to 4 as they want to increase the number of native SIngaporeans.

Damned fine idea.

In Sinagpore the child benefit is related to 1) the number of children you have and 2) the parent's education level and C) your nationality (it is only paid to Singapore Nationals)

If I remember correctly you get more per child up to 4 as they want to increase the number of native SIngaporeans.

that will be the baby bonus https://www.babybonus.gov.sg/bbss/html/index.html, they also only grant work visas to foreign nationals for the duration of the job, you do the job then go home

Edited by overandunder2012

It's being repeated now on 4seven.

I'm sure that a brief look at modern history will show that in the not so distant past there were people who were skint and who didn't behave like scum and who didn't actively look at 'claiming' as a permanent way of life.

Depressing for any law abiding tax payer.

Something will have to give in this Country, we just can't afford this kind of caper.