NS50

Paul taylor

Hi

Anyone used an NS50 for a while and can tell me how they get on with shooting while looking at tv screen does it make u put tour head too far back thus making u shake or move the rifle about more than when looking through a scope and what sort of distance can u ID rabbits while scanning? Any help welcome.

Cheers

Paul.

Watching the monitor can be an acquired technique, but you see what the scope sees, and if you have the camera mounted correctly you will also hit what you see.

Distance comes down to the quality of your scope, magnification, weather and eyes etc, but assuming normal conditions most will agree well past 50 yards!

You can also fit the monitor to the side of the scope, and adjust the camera to suit. That way, there's no need to lift your head off the scope, only turn it slightly to face the monitor.

Using the monitor in a heads up position is really easy. When I first tried out my NS200 it took me a few minutes to learn how to use it correctly. To allow for the extra eye relief needed, I just fitted a slip on stock sleeve with a 2" piece of wood fitted inside it. That still allowed me to hold the stock into my shoulder.

Well worth the money -the NS50 or 200.

have a look at the yukon photon a far better idea than looking at any of this tv screen nonsense

:lol::lol::lol:

They may well have their uses, but I seem to remember 5x mag and pretty much one rifle dedicated.

The NS is a useful bit of kit especially if you use a lot of rifles.......... different things......... I like the versatility of the NS, but the reality is this market is moving quickly and new, improved, cheaper is always coming! :yes::good:

If you do decide to get one go for the NS200 so, so, so much better for clarity and distance. The NS50 is more tempting for the price however unless your using a air rifle sub12ft/lb defiantly go for the NS200 for rim-fires you'll be taking further shots than 50 yards it also help when scouting for rabbits you can look at 200 yards plus, to see if the fluffy b-u-g-g-e-r-s are near or not saves hours of lamping to get a general direction

good luck :good: Nick :)

Ha ha I'm same with Yukon I'll believe it when I hold one.really want a look through one though! I only shoot sub 12ft/lb air so only need to shoot 30-45m but want to be able to see wabbits at about 100m so I can begin stalking

Before I scare em away they're very wary on the farm I shoot an not always in same area

Well a NS200 for the stalking i suppose you could always take into consideration that you might get a rim fire at a later date <_< for someone in your position i would always say (its your choice) :lol: i have only really had experience with the NS systems so i cant really give an overall unbiased opinion and even if i could its still only my opinion ha ha have you got a price range you was hoping to keep in?

Nick :)

hahahahahah yh i have herd that a few times before from many, many women :lol: thankfully my wife is very country so we came to an agreement i get a rifle she gets whippets everyone wins :yes: you could try winning her over by saying that you would like to bring the kids up with a bit of outdoors experience surviving the wild that sort of thing. If you are a member with BASC the magazines that come though the post usually have a good way of bringing people around to enjoy shouting ( got a section of conservation and a little picture of a cute field mouse) then BANG !!!! say i got to do my bit to save the field mice :lol: (didnt work for me hence the dogs) but its was worth a try lol

Any how for that sort of price tag your not going to beat the NS systems if the price tag was double maybe triple that then maybe something else but for £400 NS all the way just get a good bi-pod because your going to be shooting slightly differently to what you are used to so your going to need all the help you can get wrapping the strap around your arm and that as well will deff help you will soon adjust your shooting position to compensate.

Nick :)

cheers lads the mrs is sat glaring at me now dont think she sees it ur way lol. have bipod now and am making some shooting sticks when on nights tomorrow.

have just posted a pic in sporting pics section if ur interested a few wabbits which are a little easier to stalk with them being on my work perm rather than out in the sticks can take most shots with day scope (just) some with lamp

Just seen the pic brilliant stuff nice shooting looks like a day state rifle good air rifles there are a few tips on how to make shooting sticks on YouTube that could help I based mine on a chap called Hunters Vermin he has a channel all the materials he uses can be found at a B&Q and its a very clean and clear video to follow in my profile picture that's the result of my attempt.

Best of luck Nick :-)

Hi I had an NS50 for two months , after hearing just how good they were for sub 12ft/lbs air rifles, and doing the best research I could.

I tried different scopes , filters on the screen and all the advisory bits and bobs including the 'nifty little battery'. with an on /off switch

which meant not having to work the intensity switch on the screen.

Si Pittaway , has a very good setting up video on you tube. So I followed that.

I found. the following; The screen image is very small, and I needed glasses on to get a clear image. Which fogged up, as glasses do.

The screen image was very small, decreasing the gap between the milldots, making distance judging impossible. Adjusting the mag

just produced glare back through whichever scope was being used.

For 'static shooting' it was reasonable, but still the images were still extremely small, and therefore hard to judge distance.

I used a BSA Ultra multi, tactical , reg'd by Tench. and the whole thing was pretty heavy after a while even with such a light

air rifle.

I couldn't work out why the bunnies "legged it" all the time, but the screen glares back onto the face , so a scrim scarf

was employed as well as supplied filter. They still "legged it". Must be my field craft I thought,

So I went back to a simple red light ," bingo" back into the bunnies. Success!!!

The NS50, does provide night vision, and if it works for some fantastic! It just didn't for me.

And I am not prepared to inflict pain and suffering on any creature because my sighting system is not

operating to ensure ethical shooting.