Infantile Adults

unapalomablanca

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope the OP has a decent phone (obviously not an iphone :) ) and is reasonably double jointed so he can take a photo from so far up his own ****!

Sci-fi and fantasy has come so far from its 'geeky' origins (and I know I have been a fan for 40 or so years!) I could be very poncey and write some ******** about the modern use of fantasy to replace ancient myth/religion or science fiction as a method of alleviating modern anxieties/ frankenstein complex with technology but *** - get a life most of it is explosions and fighting and these days they usually have some good looking ladies with nice tits!

Soccer? ???

yeh, soccer.

I hope the OP has a decent phone (obviously not an iphone :) ) and is reasonably double jointed so he can take a photo from so far up his own ****!

Sci-fi and fantasy has come so far from its 'geeky' origins (and I know I have been a fan for 40 or so years!) I could be very poncey and write some ******** about the modern use of fantasy to replace ancient myth/religion or science fiction as a method of alleviating modern anxieties/ frankenstein complex with technology but *** - get a life most of it is explosions and fighting and these days they usually have some good looking ladies with nice tits!

steady on son

You right, society is infantilised but the thread's got bogged down in computer games and TV shows. Play is childish and carefree, that's the point of it.

Its not how we choose to amuse ourselves that matters but how we are treated by corporations and Government. The latter especially, treat us as if we're five years olds, if that. Any Government information film these days, particularly health related, are pre-school animations of the kind watched by toddlers. That alcohol awareness film get my goat with the stupid little blob characters and even the drinks themselves brought to life with little faces. Its for adults for God's sake!

Perhaps the answer is to end all health and safety advice and just let Darwinism take its course. There'd be fewer people around who need to be addressed as babies.

Anyone on here find it all a bit too much? this idea where adults love things like harry potter,lord of the rings,star trek, star wars and play kiddie games like x box and playstation. Another thing i saw recently is some phone advert where all these stupid overgrown kids are sending a birthday picture around to each other and drawing ***** little hats on it and rubbish like that. God it grates me, please will people grow up!!!

Agree totally,they need something to think about.

I like playing games on the PS3, I have one which is a pinball emulator, it has several of the classic Williams pinballs on it, cannot find those in the arcades any more.

I also like Angry Birds and Worms is a laugh riot!

I also like several kids programs, Dangermouse for one, that is like an onion, exceedingly well scripted with jokes the kids wont get and you can only appreciate as adults!

Gerry Anderson too, his stuff was great fun, harmless and entertaining. I would rather watch Thunderbirds than some over the top American slasher flick!

Try reading some of the Terry Pratchett fantasy novels, then have a good hard look at the world around you.

For sci fi try reading the Isaac Asimov Robot/Foundation/Empire series of novels! Should keep you going for a while and has a heavy dose of philosophy running through the three series of novella.

Isaac Asimovs Robotic Laws have been accepted as the principal foundations for the modern guidelines in developing robots and artifical intelligences!

Edited by secretagentmole

So what's wrong with Star Trek? I still have my Captain Kirk uniform that I had when I was 6. Still wear it occassionally too.

In all seriousness, I have found that those whom wholly believe Star Trek to be a reality have no sense of humour whatsoever. We use to have a guy that worked for us some years back who was heavily in to it. He and a friend paid out £1000 for the complete VHS box set of The Next Generation when it first came out. I asked him if I could borrow one of his vids and swore on my mothers eternal soul that I would return it the next day. Luckily fo me he didn't know what little regard I had for my mothers eternal soul.

However, that aside, I did duly return it the next the day. These were the days when we had our offices on the second floor of a building in Southborough. He called up for the keys and I opened the window to throw them down to him. 'Hey! Where's my vid man?' he called up when he saw me hanging out out the window. 'I've got it right here. I'll throw it down! Catch!' and launch it with a cry of 'Spinner!' as it spun through the ether. It hit the ground and remained in tact, surprisingly. The guys face was sheer disbelief.

'Oh, well, that didn't have the effect we were hoping for,' I called out. 'Hang on Rich, let me finish it off properly for you,' I said and then got the air rifle out and took aim. 'No! Don't man! Not my vid!' he wailed as I lined up the sights. 'Stand back Rich or you may end up getting shot instead of the vid,' I shouted and then promptly shot the cassette, leaving a nice little hole in the centre. 'Ok, now let's see if you can retrieve it before I can get another round off!' I shouted, to which he dived in and rescued his precious video.

As he came up the stairs, he was absolutely mortified. He looked as though someone had just told him they'd run over his cat. What he hadn't realised was that his 'precious vid' was actually an old training video which we had stuck a photocopied label of his video over the top of the training one. Like I said, no sense of humour.

I like playing games on the PS3, I have one which is a pinball emulator, it has several of the classic Williams pinballs on it, cannot find those in the arcades any more.

I also like Angry Birds and Worms is a laugh riot!

I also like several kids programs, Dangermouse for one, that is like an onion, exceedingly well scripted with jokes the kids wont get and you can only appreciate as adults!

Gerry Anderson too, his stuff was great fun, harmless and entertaining. I would rather watch Thunderbirds than some over the top American slasher flick!

Try reading some of the Terry Pratchett fantasy novels, then have a good hard look at the world around you.

For sci fi try reading the Isaac Asimov Robot/Foundation/Empire series of novels! Should keep you going for a while and has a heavy dose of philosophy running through the three series of novella.

Isaac Asimovs Robotic Laws have been accepted as the principal foundations for the modern guidelines in developing robots and artifical intelligences!

i remember when the p.m of all people was getting into 'angry birds' whatever the hell it is. Dont know, dont want to know, did it all from age 4 to 14.