Toyota GT86

the hitman

I will 're phrase that 'there when you want it' Nobody needs anything Rupert, I want a quick car as do a many many others, wheras some aren't bothered and a 130bhp diesel is fine for them, it's all a hobby, my dad has a supercharged e92 m3 that uses all 620bhp as it does a lot of vmax200 events, doesn't need 620bhp, nor does it need to do Vmax events, it's all a hobby.

Edited by craig hill

It's just a replacement for the Toyota Celica's in my opinion. So consequently it's not in the supercar bracket, but it has enough power for whats it's meant for. It's a fun car, and it's a really good one.

OK it's not in the Porsche performance league, but also it's not in the Porsche price bracket.

And I don't think you should compare it with a used car, we are just talking new cars here.

BHP isnt everything, but i have to say i was disappointed when i saw the perfromance figures for the GT86.

I would rather spend my money on something like a Honda s2000 as a fun car.

This is very true,i just got a bmw 330d which is 228bhp but the in gear acceleration is phenomenal,and so easy to exploit at low revs.Kicker is 53mpg at 75 mph

Edited by Rupert

The new diesels such as the 330d are very quick as you say, you can map them to 300bhp. And the 335d can be mapped to basically M3 speed.

As for people saying they would never own a japanese car, cars such as the Nissan GTR, and the evo range provide performance which matches cars from other countries which cost twice as much.

Some of the best drivers cars in my opinion are the Honda type r's, awesome fun to drive.

You may not need it,but its fun to have it.

I just have a paltry 260bhp,but it does make me smile.

Its fun to have if you don't actually drive anywhere or still live with your parents, after that the economics of running one for 10-20k miles a year are a bit eye watering. But most have done it for a while to get the experience once you have and got out of the phase you realise how much money you threw away :)

Cant go wrong, has nearly everything you'd want and 5 years warranty... Except just one thing! 200 bhp is pretty low.

The mazda MX-5 did pretty well with only 140bhp in the top end models most people only had the 1.6 with the 110bhp.

There is something to be said for having a car you can legally have some proper fun in, anyone can go fast in a straight line its the corners that are the fun bits and the I am sure the LSD will make the corners even more fun especially on some roundabouts on a damp day (that bits not legal)

Most fun i had was in a brand new old mini in 2000 ish only drove it 30 odd miles 1.3 A series with injection loads of fun, not a motorway mile muncher but brilliant round town..... Modern cars have lost that element pretty much entirely.....