Toyota GT86

the hitman

I believe you can buy it as a Subaru in this country too, although the market share was promised to Toyota as part of the deal between them so there are less Subaru's and longer waiting lists if you want one.

I am no Toyota fan and when I pranged my Audi 80 sport my farther let me have use of his bog standard 2.0 diesel Corolla and I have never before or since drove anything so dull with an interior so plasticky, it truly was terrible, but that GT86 looks fantastic. Would love to have a drive in one, from the write ups they're a hoot.

I believe you can buy it as a Subaru in this country too, although the market share was promised to Toyota as part of the deal between them so there are less Subaru's and longer waiting lists if you want one.

I am no Toyota fan and when I pranged my Audi 80 sport my farther let me have use of his bog standard 2.0 diesel Corolla and I have never before or since drove anything so dull with an interior so plasticky, it truly was terrible, but that GT86 looks fantastic. Would love to have a drive in one, from the write ups they're a hoot.

the corolla had a version called the t-sport, with a 190bhp, twin cam, high revving engine in, i had one for a while in 2002/3 - that was very good! howled at 6500 rpm.

Nice looking motor but for a mid life crisis there is better to be had,depends if you want turbo or not,i prefer a v6 no turbo,lovely sound,but how about something like a golf r32,again not the fastest, but certainly fun, and there are loads of others to play with out there.

Anybody who wants some cheap and seriously quick, look at buying an already modded, used Audi s4 b5. ;)

Mine is a 2000, very well built, cruise control, leather, armrest, etc etc all you need from a car, aswell as 460bhp, 4 wheel drive, and £6000 ;) or splash out £12-16k and get 500bhp/600bhp/700bhp plus

IMAG0006_BURST001-1-1.jpg

Edited by craig hill

The gt86 wasn't built as a mid life crisis car, it was designed with help from the world drifting champion as a 2nd fun car, hence not a lot of power, and as for not buying a Toyota my wifes t180 avensis developed an engine problem that could not be diagnosed so Toyota supplied and fitted a brand new engine totally free of charge, this despite the old one being out of warranty. Try and get that out of any other major manufacturer.

S

Anybody who wants some cheap and seriously quick, look at buying an already modded, used Audi s4 b5. ;)

Mine is a 2000, very well built, cruise control, leather, armrest, etc etc all you need from a car, aswell as 460bhp, 4 wheel drive, and £6000 ;) or splash out £12-16k and get 500bhp/600bhp/700bhp plus

IMAG0006_BURST001-1-1.jpg

What is the point of power when you cant really use it?

I am about to sell my 911 for this exact reason,previously owned a good number of fast cars and bikes and paid an horrendous amount in insurance.Now im mid fourties I wish I bought the turbo diesel and a caterham for track days.

A mate has an Alfa GT lovely motor the GR86 seems to be the cultural replacement good looks fun to drive but should be somewhat more reliable. There aren't many nice to drive cars with good looks available to us mere mortals that can be a daily driver

BTW always been disappointed with Golf's A3's etc

What is the point of power when you cant really use it?

I am about to sell my 911 for this exact reason,previously owned a good number of fast cars and bikes and paid an horrendous amount in insurance.Now im mid fourties I wish I bought the turbo diesel and a caterham for track days.

I use mine almost everytime I use it, perfect for pulling out onto dual carrideways and slip roads to motorways, more than that, I just enjoy driving it more than anything, knowing it's there when you need it.