What powder now?

Depending on the bullet weight try N130, N133 or N140.

For weights up to 55grn try N130.

A good powder with a wide spread (50 to 60grn) is N133.

From 60 to 80grn try N140.

I tried Varget for some heavier bullet weights, but the .223 didn't like it, and it was dirty, N140 worked a dream.

I have never seen a .22250 yet that wont scare you just how accurate it is with H 380, for a 50 grain bullet you want around 38 grain of the stuff and light it with A cci benchrest primer and you may just not bother going back to varget anytime soon. I Have more Norma 202 than i can shake a stick at and i have a near 1 hole load at 3680fps for a 50grain bullet so i wont be buying any H380 but if i live long enough to run out of this norma and suplies dry up completely i will be a H380 user in the 22250.

I have never seen a .22250 yet that wont scare you just how accurate it is with H 380, for a 50 grain bullet you want around 38 grain of the stuff and light it with A cci benchrest primer and you may just not bother going back to varget anytime soon. I Have more Norma 202 than i can shake a stick at and i have a near 1 hole load at 3680fps for a 50grain bullet so i wont be buying any H380 but if i live long enough to run out of this norma and suplies dry up completely i will be a H380 user in the 22250.

Heard the same elsewhere about 380 and 22-250!

U.

There are some discussions on other sites about Nitrochemie TR-140, Elcho-17, 15 (33?) (Reloader rebadged or clones?) and I think I saw mention of a write up of one of them by Laurie in the Target Shooter ezine.

The brand name on the tin may not reflect who actually make them ... shock horror!

Seems there is some suggestion that these may become more available locally.