What a day !!!

fenboy

NOT :no:

You may have seen my at last something looks promising thread .

Yesterday I watched some spring rape and during the 20 mins or so I was there a good 400 + pigeon came to the field .

So today with another PW member duly invited to what looked like could be a cracking day we arrived at around 7.30 am and set up in separate hides each one under where there was a good flight line into the field yesterday.

We waited and waited some more , waited a little longer and very little happened , my first shot was at a carrion crow which came down and then decided to try and eat the dog when he went to pick it , so it got another shot for its trouble :yes:

All the while we were struggling I kept thinking it will turn on later , :no: I was wrong .

Finally at 3pm with only six pigeon each I gave up and said we will go look around some of the pea fields , stuff quickly packed and in the van , started to drive off and heard a massive crunch and immediately knew I had driven over something I should not have done, a quick inspection and yep , it was my magnet :oops:

Now all in I have to say it was not a great day , but me being the lucky guy I am had one more surprise in store , the magnet when I ran it over had put a 10p sized hole in my vans radiator :good:

Swiss Tony , I know how you feel mate , anyone want to buy a gun :sad1:

magnet001_zps6a25dbdf.jpg

Edited by fenboy

this time of year i dont bother going out till 3 30 in afternoon,by 7 30 am they have fed allready and just want to coo in the trees. craig

I was watching the field a 1 pm yesterday and there were very good numbers going into feed , if I know birds are feeding on a particular field I always prefer to be there early.

well fen just wanted to say thanks for the day and don't worry about the magnet its fixed and the rad well we can fix it just let me know when it arrives and ill be there asap to fit it. stay positive mate just sorry it happened to you .

oh and how much is the gun going for

And I thought my day was bad having to drive to Manchester then to Bala then back to Manchester :no: , I think we have all had bad days out when it looked so promising the day before but then nothing appears it happened to me last Friday after inviting a PW member out on some permission, but a bad day in the field sure beats a good day in the office, apart from the mishap with the magnet.

well fen just wanted to say thanks for the day and don't worry about the magnet its fixed and the rad well we can fix it just let me know when it arrives and ill be there asap to fit it. stay positive mate just sorry it happened to you .

oh and how much is the gun going for

Cheers , you wasted no time getting that sorted , the rad is ordered will let you know when it turns up , thanks again.

Cheers , you wasted no time getting that sorted , the rad is ordered will let you know when it turns up , thanks again.

Just my luck Fenboy, I had hoped you would pack in after that day from hell.

The wife had agreed to take Milo, made room in my cabinet for your guns and just given three of your permissions away.

My day just goes from bad to worse

this time of year i dont bother going out till 3 30 in afternoon,by 7 30 am they have fed allready and just want to coo in the trees. craig

If i started setting up at that time in the summer, my bags would be far smaller. I would say generally, that's too late to set up.