Dangers of unsafe gun handling in the hide

M.I.A

Just curious. If its been hit by another shooter, why do the pictures show the edge of both holes protruding outwards?

Might be wrong but looks as gun was shot whilst there was a barrel obstruction

they don't - you can clearly see one side goes in, the other out

over the years I have know one fellow get his fingers blown off by his mate sharing the same hide. And another guy nearly lost his knee cap when his hide companion accidently shot across him and neatly severed a hide pole.

very dangerous shared pigeon hides

over the years I have know one fellow get his fingers blown off by his mate sharing the same hide. And another guy nearly lost his knee cap when his hide companion accidently shot across him and neatly severed a hide pole.

very dangerous shared pigeon hides

I've always shared a single gun, you get two shots and pass the unloaded gun to your mate (with obvious exceptions to flurries). I think trying to have two people with two guns, shooting at the same time, in the same hide is lunacy.

Edited by Bleeh

I disagree, have been shooting today in a hide with my friend from work we managed to shoot over 87 without incident. The hide was plenty big enough and we agreed beforehand that we would take it in turns and as each bird came in we told each other who's shot it was, any that came in the wrong side for who ever's turn it was we told the other to shoot it. You just need a bit of restraint and it can work well as you have 2 sets of eyes

Edited by kennett

I disagree, have been shooting today in a hide with my friend from work we managed to shoot over 87 without incident. The hide was plenty big enough and we agreed beforehand that we would take it in turns and as each bird came in we told each other who's shot it was, any that came in the wrong side for who ever's turn it was we told the other to shoot it. You just need a bit of restraint and it can work well as you have 2 sets of eyes

Totally agree with you, whenever there are two of us in a hide we take it in turns to shoot - its just common sense?!

Its hardly rocket science, I think it makes the day more enjoyable to be honest

I'm with Kennett, myself and SA Shooter always have a good laugh when we share a hide, even better when one of us fire 3 shots and don't hit a bird...we've all been there! Lol

As above

"agreed beforehand that we would take it in turns and as each bird came in we told each other who's shot it was"

I have been sharing a hide pigeon shooting for many years without any incident. all comes down to common sense along with gun sense.

taking tuns is the key.

Edited by Actionpigeons