Health problems again

deputy dog

Well lads iv had my fair share of hospital over the last 8 months or so, with broken bones an reocurring blood clots in my lung.

Now im back in again wired up to IV drips and having meds being pumped into me. Got taken in yesterday morning with severe stomach pains and after the initial examination it could have Gaul Stones or Pancratitis or both. In a lot of discomfort still, but niot in the same pain bracket as before. Got a scan today and that should set a bit of light on whats going on in there and then they'l decide whether to operate or not.

Im a bit peeved off if im honest as its another would be week laid up doing eff all. But in a way im glad im in the right place. Staff have been great fair play. But iv been nil by mouth for about a day an half and even though i still got pain in my stomach. Im absolute starving lol.

DD

Hello mate- sorry to hear about illness. I had acute pancreatitis in March and just had operation to remove gall bladder removed - so think I know what your going through. The pain from the pancreatitis was incredible - triggered by gallstones. Early days and touch wood - I`m hopefully getting there. Best wishes and feel free to pm if you want any further info. Ta. Gary

Sorry to hear that Gar,hope you get it sorted out bud. :good: Nil by mouth won't hurt you bud not for a few days anyway. :lol::lol: Take care bud ATVB Terry

Haha your right there Terry mate. Its not like i aint got any fat reserves to see me through lol. I dont feel hungry but my stomach sounds like a 45 gallon drum being emptied lol.

Just a bit apprehensive about these scan results after i have it. Fear the worse and i'l have to go under the knife, but at least it would be sorted one way or other.

DD

Hello mate- sorry to hear about illness. I had acute pancreatitis in March and just had operation to remove gall bladder removed - so think I know what your going through. The pain from the pancreatitis was incredible - triggered by gallstones. Early days and touch wood - I`m hopefully getting there. Best wishes and feel free to pm if you want any further info. Ta. Gary

Yes mate the pain was unbearable if im honest. Was at my witts end after about 15hrs of constant pain. They have said its either stones which has lead to an infection in the pancreas. I got to see what the scan says now before they decide what action to take. Hope you are feeling better yourself mate. Let you know whats what later on.

All best

DD

Get well soon m8. I know its a real pain having to keep going in hospital, sometimes there doesn't seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel. Keeping your mind occupied is the hardest thing in the world when you lay in bed clock watching all day, I find the boredom far worse than physical pain. Try making a list of things that you're going to do when you get home and get some good reading material. If the food is bad once you are allowed it then tell them you are Muslim-you get a different menu.

Just a little update. I have had my scan and i have a badly infected gaul bladder and stones to go with it. So i got to see the Doc when he does the rounds in a bit, see what course of action their going to take. At mo im anti biotics an strong pain killers. An operation could be next as its not been ruled out as such.

Bored out of my brain just being laid up but the oldies around me in the ward are a decent sort and we'v had a few chats about many things, oh and the grub aint bad though i just ate my first meal since 5pm Saturday and i could only have salad. Could have smashed steak an chips in my mind but im stuffed after the salad. So i'l put the steak on hold lol. Oh and the nurses aint to bad either so there's nothing wrong with my eye sight hahs

DD

DD

Aloud home today with a shed load of meds in tow to keep the infection an pain at bay.

Though i will need an operation in the next 3 to 6 months to have my gall bladder removed completely. Though if im honest i would rather it be sooner then later as i dont want an operation which could possibley fall around the christmas time period.

DD