Rabbits v Hornady 52g V-Max (.222)

I have got my .222 loads just how I want them using Hornady 32g A-Max pushed along by H4198. Tuesday evening was far too nice to sit in and watch telly so I went out to try for a few rabbits and maybe a fox (If one were silly enough to show itself) OK, some might say that the .222 is a touch of "overkill" on rabbits (And to an extent I would agree) but this is Vermin Control and not hunting for the pot or I would have used the .22LR for the rabbits and only shot larger rabbits - Plus I plain and simply love using my .222 so I am not going to make any more excuses!

I have been giving the rabbits a bit of a hammering lately on this permission so there was not as many about as I would have seen a month or so ago but 3 down is 3 less to breed in the future and 3 shots for 3 kills is good enough for me!

Edit: Somewhere in the video I say that they are 32g A-Max, I should have said 52g A-Max - Likewise the title should read 52g A-Max and not V-Max!

Oh dear, I seam to be getting a lot of "senior moments" today! :blush::whistling::blush:

A word of warning - This video has some very graphic scenes that are shot in slow motion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydEA4VIB0qo&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Frenchieboy

Great movie, I see that you did not have a moderator on the .222......

No I don't have a moderator on the .222 yet but i have a slot for one and plan on getting a DM80 built and the barrel threaded by Dave Mercer in the relatively near future!

When your used to baggin em wi .177 air rifle that's quite a punch your packing there! Interesting to see them still kick with no head left just like they do with a 177 pellet through the brain, proves it's just motor action not consciousness. Good vid ta

Paul.

Yes Paul, what I find is that the younger the rabbit the more it is likely to kick after having been given a "pill" in the head!

Lol I was expecting some long shots Pete

"This ones 120yards" I had to play it back I thought I miss heard, I was expecting 220 yards,,,

It sure beats stopping in watching the box. By the look at your loading there good groups I see no reason why you shouldn't push out to 200 + , I was out Thursday evening and tried to video some longish 350 ish but kept auto focusing on twigs in a tree, got the rabbits though.

Glad your getting use out of the tripod

Lol I was expecting some long shots Pete

"This ones 120yards" I had to play it back I thought I miss heard, I was expecting 220 yards,,,

It sure beats stopping in watching the box. By the look at your loading there good groups I see no reason why you shouldn't push out to 200 + , I was out Thursday evening and tried to video some longish 350 ish but kept auto focusing on twigs in a tree, got the rabbits though.

Glad your getting use out of the tripod

When I get the chance I will be shooting at least double that range (And further) hopefully. The farmers around here have just about finished all of the mowing now so the rabbits should be easier to see, especially at descent ranges. Unfortunately the evening I shot this video the rabbits were not playing ball.

As for the tripod, I couldn't do without it for this type of video, thanks again mate!

• 4 weeks later...