12G Cartridge with the longest brass

why the long brass

I have a problem with my gun and I reckon it's the cartridges sticking in the chambers so the extractors can't move and the gun won't open.

Im planning on doing an experiment with different types of cartridges to see what effects they have on the chambers. The chambers themselves are totally spotless but apparently it's a problem old Brownings have.

Eley VIP's.

Cheers mate, will check them out.

One of my English side by sides has slightly ringed chambers just forward of the chambers,,,, some long brassed shells stick. Usually low brass is ejected better in that gun!

U.

Interesting.

I've always used short brass cartridges and have this problem so hoping to change it up and see if I can get a positive result.

Out of interest how long are they ???

Unsure of exact length but they are considerably longer than 'normal'. Reading through your post where you explain the problem my mate had the same issue using Hull Superfast in his Webly & Scott. The brass was much shorter compared to 'normal' carts and his gun refused to eject them and sometimes he had to use the brass of an empty to pry stuck ones out.