F.A.C. Air rifle. HELP NEEDED PLEASE!!!

ride4fun

Hello ive looked through previous posts and cant find much to help :(

Basically i have a fair bit of

Knowlage with a .22 rimfire and .17hmr but not so much with the high powered air rifles.

Ive got one on my certificate and was thinking about getting one

So my questions are these

1.what one should i get?

I would like to get one that will fire a fair few pellets before i have to charge it up again, weight isnt an issue as most of my shooting is done from a vehicle

2. i was thinking of getting one that is about 26lb as i have been told they get a bit eratic at anything over 30lb? Is this true?

3. What is regulated? Does this mean the ft/ pounds can be altered?

4. What sort of range would you zero it in at? 50 yards like the .22lr?

Thank you antony

I've only had dealings with a Rapid, although theoben are no longer in business in the UK there are many people who know more about these than the inventors themselves, simple, easy to fix.

Any FAC air with a buddy bottle will return good shot counts.

.22 is good anywhere up to 40ft/lb I've found, my rapid was sweet at 32.

Regulated just means that you will get more shots per fill, more accurate dispersal of the compressed air.

And the range thing....some say that they shoot quarry at ridiculous ranges with fac air, I used mine at 50 yards max, but isn't to say the zero is fifty yards, you need to play with it. My main attraction was the flatter trajectory and more terminal energy at normal airgun ranges...until I got bored of it, unless you get a open fac for them, I see no real advantage of a fac .22 over a .177 sub 12 IMO.

Edited by kyska

no matter what i could write down pal explaining some one else will tell you different,me my self i use a rapid doing 32 ftlb,i get a good 50 shots, it does finger nail groups at 50 yard, ive used other fac guns but none have ever matched my rapid in shots per fill and accuracy, if they did i would swap it tomorrow, i put a video on here 6 month ago shooting head shot rabbits up to 60 yard, the proof is in the video.this is just my opinion,cheers simon...

the r10 are very very accurate pal, but i think on fac you wont get loads of shots as its a small bottle,could be wrong though, its a shame you cant just try them all in a shop, i know then which one you would go for,i did once at a shooting show,the rapid and hw100 just knocked the spots of every thing else, in a shop they can tell you any thing but when you shoot it you find out for your self,as said this is just my opinion and 30 years experience shooting air rifles not like some on here finding out about them on a laptop, cheers simon...

Edited by simon6ppc

don't buy without checking out daystate 30 -40 ft lbs 15 different power settings and accurate.wolf or mk4 are the best in my opinion as they are electric and the trigger is sweeeet

i have never owned a rapid but i have read sooo many good reports on them.

if your going fac don't limit yourself to 26 ft lbs and don't buy a 177 as all the advantage they have sub 12 has gone in fac up to 40 ft lbs with daystate should be on parr accuracy wise with a good 22lr but a dam site safer to use on flat ground.

you still need to head shoot to stop them dead as fac air has no were near the stopping power of a 22lr

If you have the budget I would go for daystate every day of the week.

I have a .22 Daystate huntsman at 30ftlb and its brillient, i get 30 full power shots which for me is plenty. Later this month i have a special oppertunity to shoot land that will give me 50-70 bunnys in a few hours but this is done from a vehicle and so carrying that may rabbits is no issue nor is carrying the charging kit to refil :D

If you want more shots than the huntsman then go for a Ranger even if its second hand and not new. Pellet wise i would recommend 16grn Air Arms field 5.52 or JSB Exacts in 16grn 5.52.

ATB

Matt

If you have the budget I would go for daystate every day of the week.

I have a .22 Daystate huntsman at 30ftlb and its brillient, i get 30 full power shots which for me is plenty. Later this month i have a special oppertunity to shoot land that will give me 50-70 bunnys in a few hours but this is done from a vehicle and so carrying that may rabbits is no issue nor is carrying the charging kit to refil :D

If you want more shots than the huntsman then go for a Ranger even if its second hand and not new. Pellet wise i would recommend 16grn Air Arms field 5.52 or JSB Exacts in 16grn 5.52.

ATB

Matt

I have found air arms field 16grain and jsb exact 15.9grain to be amazing pellets in all air gun s I own sub 12 or fac!! :good:

iv'e got a Daystate Airranger its awesome bud just ask Steve B Wales and Mark The Poacher they saw it in action last night. :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, it was okay, nothing special, a run of the mill type rifle! :lol: Only kidding, the Air Ranger is a superb rifle, and Terry was taking head shot rabbits at 70+yards, in very low light.

I used JSB heavy, and they were superb.

I still wouldn't have another fac air though.

I shoot sg, rimfire and centrefire, but fac air is essential for me when shooting crows etc into trees on farm yards. 50% of my pest control is done with fac air set at 32fpe. air guns are very effective tools un doubt.

When i put the rws excalibre I have a deposit on thru chair gun at 30ftlbs I think the zero sweet spot with jsb exacts come out about 42 yards.

This was flat shooting from 10 yards to around 50.

Karpman

Iv got this gun at 26 ft lbs and its awsome, u wont be dissapointed!!!