chatsworth country fair

trowel 7

its a good family day , and i have really enjoyed it over the years , but at £20 a ticket this year over priced IMO.

been there a few times and enjoy it , but alas can not afford these prices , got a daughter who is 15 and there asking £20 entrance for her too , hardly an adult .

for me , my wife and 2 daughters to go , it would cost £80 to get it ,

There's usually a clay line although I'm not sure what format it is and there is the dog and gun where you shoot with your dog at heel and either 7 or 9 clays are sent then you pick dummies which are already out with your dog. Depending what catorgorie your in (novice etc) depends on which dummies you pick. Sounds easier than it is but great fun and very addictive!!!

Stopped going there when it turned into an overpriced sunday market, a shadow of it's former self.

Such a shame as it was one of the top game fairs on the calendar at one time

Save my time and money and go to the Midland now instead as it's only 30 miles further for me to travel

Great show, not a Gamefair.
The clay line is great and there's a 2 man flush.
Go and see the house if your going.

We're going Thursday night to Monday, caravan pitch for 4 nights, 4 of us with 3 day ticket, £230.

cheaper than CLA and Midland.

The Midland was full of *****'s last year and getting worse IMO.

Have you been this year?

? If you have been and did not enjoy the Fair then they really cant do much more i.m.o , it was a fantastic event this year (it had gone down hill) , no junky stalls , quality shooting , fishing , working dogs , good food , a pint of beer £3 a venison burger 16oz £4 , plenty of quality bargains , no itinerants , well improved Chatsworth COUNTRY fair you have to remember its not a game fair. :good:

Labstaff - Did anyome have a go at the dog and gun?

Yes, three goes. Clay section was OK but the dog kept retrieving a couple of dummies fine, getting worked up and blowing the rest. Enjoyed it though.

The fair was a bit expensive but throw in the hot air balloon, parachute jump, army band, horse artillery and aircraft displays and just about worth it.