Wildfowling Season 2013-2014

Wildfowler325

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good shooting James. I decided not to go out this morning, was out yesterday evening, 1 shot for nothing.

Maybe i'll head out this evening, but i'll be out in the morning!

Cheers mat. Though I missed more birds than I care to admit. Awsone flight, poor shooting.

I see ayano3 he had a bash on kirton.

I may venture out again in the morn. Will have to check with the boss.

All I can say is, I counted up my cartridges from the weekend and I had a total of 19 shots Saturday and today.

And I have a mallard to show for it!

We'll get out next week to make up for this weekend

Save some for me as I hope to make my first visit this season this coming week,

that is if my alarm clock goes off :whistling::whistling::lol:

Let me know when you are going :yes:

Went friday evening, not exactly fowling weather, but.... I saw the first Wigeon of the season, only 30 but I know they're here, and sat watching 250 Canadas sleeping on the other side of the river before drifting of down river, only to return when it was too dark to see them.

There is about 1400 widgeon here at the moment Brian, according the bird spotting website. With around 50 pintail and 180 teal in the count. Numbers are starting to build nicely.

Mmmm, think you'll find there's a bit more than that here Steve, especially the teal and pintail counts. According to the board in Bowling Green there was over 400 teal using that alone last week and I personally have counted 200 plus pintail on the area you was on yesterday. I've also seen an estimated 500 teal there. The wigeon seems low to me as well, is that the Dawlish Warren count?

Well September is over for me now 7 flights 6 shots 4 geese in total. No duck yet, indeed my first foreshore trip for duck will be this coming sat on tide then evening flight. Sunday dawn flight was a flop as regards shooting only two skeins seen both distant both going the wrong way however I did get an owl come in not 6ft over my head, I wonder if it saw the dogs ear etc. sticking up out of the gutter or was just curious to what we actually were.