YUKON PHOTON 5X42

cal 7888

i had one and sold it within 2 weeks,i bought it for rats and found the photon to have a very narrow fov,i could see eyeshine plain enough but could not make out the actual rat so i got rid of it,there are videos on youtube but the pic you see is not what you actually see when looking through the eyepiece,

andrew

i had one and sold it within 2 weeks,i bought it for rats and found the photon to have a very narrow fov,i could see eyeshine plain enough but could not make out the actual rat so i got rid of it,there are videos on youtube but the pic you see is not what you actually see when looking through the eyepiece,

andrew

i saw a video on you tube and with a nightmaster it didnt look to shabby but obviously the night vision recorder is after all the reticle and glass in the scope!

yes i did wonder if that was the case! apparantly in day light you can hardly see anything!

were you using the standard illuminator or were you using a torch pro or nightmaster?

i saw a video on you tube and with a nightmaster it didnt look to shabby but obviously the night vision recorder is after all the reticle and glass in the scope!

yes i did wonder if that was the case! apparantly in day light you can hardly see anything!

were you using the standard illuminator or were you using a torch pro or nightmaster?

the illuminator i used was a converted t20 lamp with oslon black ir,the standard illuminator is pathetic,

andrew

for the price they are charging for them I would want it to shoot,and prepare my rabbits for that, as said the illuminator on it is pants but the unit itself can be modded and be improved but why do that once you have paid a shed load of money out ???

atb Evo

want it for rats with the air rifle and rabbits with the .17 or .22 out to 150-200 yards!

Blimey... I am not sure that I could reliably shoot a rabbit at that distance in daylight using my hmr never mind at night with 5x mag and grainy night vision.

Head shooting rabbits at 50 yards is hard enough using my .22lr with a pretty good dedicated gen2+ Pulsar.

for the price they are charging for them I would want it to shoot,and prepare my rabbits for that, as said the illuminator on it is pants but the unit itself can be modded and be improved but why do that once you have paid a shed load of money out ???

atb Evo

£400? That seem t b a barbargain for a digital nv scope. Reviews on the bbs are pretty good and there is a huge waiting list.

A friend bought one and was very disappointed. Pretty much echoing the comments above. Its a nice idea but if going for an off the shelf nv that will allow you to shoot day and night I would still be going for the ns200 and a PA scope.

The whole heads up shooting thing is a bit marmite, but I found it only took a few hours to adjust. The aftersales service is fantastic with them too.

Or, go down the route myself, Evo and many others have, build yourself an add-on for much less.

Edited by mick miller

I had one and sold it after one outing. Didnt like it at all.

As mentioned above I found it to have narrow field of view.

Very focus fussy.

The eye relief head position is very fussy.

I used it with a NM 800 with 850 and 940 pills

A Pulsar L808

The inbuilt IR is useless.

It reminded me of looking through a Yukon Ranger only worse.

It is Marmite. and I didnt like it!

Dont get me wrong for the money its ok,.

Im sure loads are people are very happy with it. I just prefer better

A friend bought one and was very disappointed. Pretty much echoing the comments above. Its a nice idea but if going for an off the shelf nv that will allow you to shoot day and night I would still be going for the ns200 and a PA scope.

The whole heads up shooting thing is a bit marmite, but I found it only took a few hours to adjust. The aftersales service is fantastic with them too.

Or, go down the route myself, Evo and many others have, build yourself an add-on for much less.

i think i will give it a miss then... haha

you say at the bottom of your comment about making my own! i have seen this before but never really knew exactly what it entail's to build you own? on a budget of course!

thanks

callum