SACS website is down

yas

Oh Mr. Pot please meet Mr. Kettle.

Do you not consider yourself a teensy bit grumpy, argumentative and ill tempered?

Can you show me a post where you were funny (or even tried to be funny) or attempted to lift the mood of a thread or a forum?

I'll leave that there.

This looks and interesting grudge... I gave up on PW for a while and now I'm back and its totally different... NOT :lol::whistling: Best choke thread :whistling: lead not lead thread :whistling: bizarre political rants thread :whistling: etc etc Its a bit like the archers you can miss it for years and pick it up in one omnibus! Then of course there is the punt gun thread Ahhhhh now I know what its all about :good::good::yes: yeah I know off topic but WTH

Edited by utectok

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it may have been a team construction workers building the new passport control centre in preparation for Scottish independence, that inadvertently put a spade through the telephone line carrying the SACS website South of the boarder that caused the problem....A spokesman from Essex based Edward Longshanks Construction Ltd said,

'This was an unfortunate accident for which we apologise. The gangmaster Mr M Ungler is evidently not cut out for manual labour so he has been sent to our training centre in Hartlepool to take a course to re-train as the companies Public Relations Officer, I am sure all in Hartlepool will give Mr Ungler a warm welcome'

we will welcome him with an open door (trap door)

KW

You pay for what you get at the end of the day. To be listed as having only two employers does seem a little strange wtho. One man and his dog?. They may have loads of people working for them contracting. Probably from somewhere in india? If it was me who was advertising what my company/organization did I would make sure that any format of advertising I used was spot on. Considering the internet format is relatively cheap, easily accessible (when it's online) can be viewed by anyone (not just the target audience) I would probably concentrate on this first. Anyway I'm going now, got to check the share price of potassium in Kazakhstan, doesn't really concern me but hey...

As a group member it costs me £28 for the for the year I do not need a fancy web site

Sacs works for me

Let's face facts,the primary reason for people joining is for, God forbid we need to claim.Sacs offers a more comprehensive insurance cover than organisations that cost twice as much.they are active in conservation in Britain not just Scotland and they are not too political like some.

They don't have a great website or a huge advertising campaign, but don't worry you don't have to pay for it.

They will go head to head with the old bill in a flash and give advice via the phone if you need to.

Third year with them now but I check every year to see if there is anything better,got to keep them lean and mean,there are too many fat cats.

Let's face facts,the primary reason for people joining is for, God forbid we need to claim.Sacs offers a more comprehensive insurance cover than organisations that cost twice as much.they are active in conservation in Britain not just Scotland and they are not too political like some.

They don't have a great website or a huge advertising campaign, but don't worry you don't have to pay for it.

They will go head to head with the old bill in a flash and give advice via the phone if you need to.

Third year with them now but I check every year to see if there is anything better,got to keep them lean and mean,there are too many fat cats.

That is a reasonable stance. It would help their cause though if they were a bit more open as to who you are dealing with, and under what auspices.

My comment about the site being down again was because I am shopping around for my first insurance since acquiring my sgc.

I don't want it to come across that I am bickering, just that I think it's bad for sacs if they want more business, when a possible new customer can't even get on the website, let alone join and pay his fee?!

It's a shame the website is still down: no doubt technology is a bit slower in the heathen lands.

I am keen to read the disclaimer that the business is FCA regulated or an appointed representative of such a company. As pointed out several times above, such regulation is obligatory when providing insurance and products purchased through an unregulated introducer may be invalid.

Whilst there is nothing to suggest this is the case here, as somebody in the market for this type of insurance, being satisfied about this outweighs saving a few few pennies. However, I'm not Scotch, so perhaps the cost-saving is the be all and end all.

They aren't a business - they are an 'unincorporated association'.

https://www.gov.uk/business-legal-structures/unincorporated-association

Reading it, what affect does this quote from the above site have on its members?

This isn’t a legal structure, so the association won’t be recognised by the law. Individual members are personally responsible for any debts and contractual obligations.

Does this mean that by joining SACS you become liable for the associations debts or contractual obligations?

As I mentioned, its much down to the rules and constitution of the organisation as to each members personal liability and for that matter each members claim on the assets of the association.

The FCA issue is important as if by way of business you sell insurance, or if you promote your package as being an insurance offering, or if the insurance offering is a key feature of the package you sell, its a regulated activity.

If you want a REALY dry read go to the FCA web site and read the handbook!

I ve been a member of SACS for two years,last year i needed to contact ian regarding a shooting incident and the response was sharp and within 24 hrs a Solictor was in contact and although it took 13 mths everthing was done very professionally.Have only spoken to Elspeth and Tam/Vulpicide but cannot fault SACS. Their membership fees are good and this year even better as im an offical OAP. Ive been a member of other associations over the years and cannot fault them but as i really only join for insurance SACS wins hands down.