Great day out for a Buddy !!

jmj121

Whats it gotta do with anyone else how many you shoot ? (So long as you're not wasting them, & Presumably you paid for the cartridges)

you mention breasting them out (I thinK?) Does the whole goose usually get eaten or is it just the breast meat that's consumed ?

providing healthy dinner fer the old folks is a nice touch :good:

Whats it gotta do with anyone else how many you shoot ? (So long as you're not wasting them, & Presumably you paid for the cartridges)

you mention breasting them out (I thinK?) Does the whole goose usually get eaten or is it just the breast meat that's consumed ?

providing healthy dinner fer the old folks is a nice touch :good:

Because shooting a lot of geese or duck can be seen as obscene and in the wrong hands that sort of information could do untold damage to the shooting fraternity.

In this particular case, if there are '2500 to 3000' geese on the lake and they are doing damage to nearby crops then it may seem reasonable.

Personally I would have stopped shooting at four or five.

Because shooting a lot of geese or duck can be seen as obscene and in the wrong hands that sort of information could do untold damage to the shooting fraternity.

In this particular case, if there are '2500 to 3000' geese on the lake and they are doing damage to nearby crops then it may seem reasonable.

Personally I would have stopped shooting at four or five.

What he is doing is perfectly legal, so why would it damage the shooting fraternity? Sod the antis .And j dog I like your posts but why o why does the op have to justify his self and explain his reasons for shooting them be it pest control or for the table,

Atb

Flynny

Edited by flynny

What he is doing is perfectly legal, so why would it damage the shooting fraternity? Sod the antis .And j dog I like your posts but why o why does the op have to justify his self and explain his reasons for shooting them be it pest control or for the table,

Atb

Flynny

Just because something is legal, doesn't necessarily make it right.

+1 , The only word I can think of is Obscene .

But i bet going out shooting 100s of crows and pigeons or a load of pheasant is ok in your book , It's no different , as long as they are put to good use,

Each to there own , this has been done to death before, usually by the self righteous among us,

Atb

Flynny

Edited by flynny

But i bet going out shooting 100s of crows and pigeons or a load of pheasant is ok in your book , It's no different , as long as they are put to good use,

Each to there own , this has been done to death before, usually by the self righteous among us,

Atb

Flynny

I agree with this statement, I can also see how this could be seen as too much. Geese are huge birds if they were not being used it would be way too many.

People have bags of 200 pigeons and everyone thinks is great, I would never shoot that amount of Geese, but, they are not going to waste at least they are not being dumped in some ditch to rot and shot for the sake of shooting something.

People shoot 100's of birds a day on driven shoots this is seen as a productive day, but they are mostly reared birds, most Geese are wild, when they are dead they don't breed or get grown in an incubator. I would have probably stopped at 5-6 but if I had people that would take the birds and eat them I would have probably gone to 10-ish.

This looks to me like pest control with the added bonus of the pests being put to good use, unlike foxes, crows..................................................

Edited by Fal