Wildfowling "Taster Day" wanted.

Frenchieboy

I know that this is a really big ask and the chances of getting an offer are slim but here goes anyway.

I have spent all of my shooting life doing various sorts of vermin control and a bit of deer culling/stalking. What I really do fancy now is something that I have never tried before - A day out wildfowling!

I haven't a clue where to start and have no wil;dfowling experience whatsoever and anyway there aren't many geese or ducks regularly on my permissions so I am hoping that one of you "regular wildfowlers" might be willing to help out. What I am looking for is just one day out as a "taster day" to experience a little wildfowling and maybe even get a shot or two at geese or a ducks with someone who has a bit of experience. I have a suitable shotgun (A Multi Choked Laurona 3 inch Magnum) and would class myself as a reasonable shot, and would be willing to buy whatever cartridges you "suggest" as suitable.I am fully insured and not a "trigger happy cowboy". I have full waterproof gear and a good camo net/hide, but I do not have any wildfowling decoys. I am willing to travel up to around 50 miles from my home in Rossendale (East Lancashire) and would be more than willing to pay towards expences, meals, drinks/refreshments etc. I should maybe mention at this stage that I do not have a gun dog/retriever that I could bring with me.

If there is anyone out there that is willing to help me out and take me under their wing for one day I would be eternally grateful so please contact me and I will get straight back to you.

Many thanks for looking and even considdering it guys!

Unfortunately I am not a mamber of BASC, I'm with "another shooting organisation"!

Norfolk is a little too far to travel but thanks for the kind offer Beretta28g!

Pete, it looks like you've had a few offers... I'm taking a couple of guys out this year from PW, but you're welcome to come along too. Let me know if you're interested, it's VERY hard going.

This is an offer that I am very interested in as it would also give me a chance to meet a few more PW members.

Many thanks, in a couple of minutes you will have an inbound PM.

Wildfowler12, on 02 Oct 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:snapback.png

Pete, it looks like you've had a few offers... I'm taking a couple of guys out this year from PW, but you're welcome to come along too. Let me know if you're interested, it's VERY hard going.

hi wildfowler 12

not a morning/tide flight at the gowey by any chance is it..brilliant day but easier climbing snowdon and theres no train back :lol::lol: !!

Wildfowler12, on 02 Oct 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:snapback.png

hi wildfowler 12

not a morning/tide flight at the gowey by any chance is it..brilliant day but easier climbing snowdon and theres no train back :lol::lol: !!

Haha, depends how fit he's feeling! I may brave the Gowey on Saturday. 9 miles with a rucksack full of deeks and ducks would finish anyone off!

First of all I would like to thank you all for your replies and especially thank those that have been generous enough to offer to take me out wildfowling with them. I have put a lot of thought into this and have had to have a good look at my fitness level (Which is not at all what it used to be) and I have decided that I have to decline all of the offers made out of consideration for those that I would most likely hold up through my lack of fitness and "health problems" (Which I ought to add are not up for discussion on open forum).

Thank you all so much for your offers of help and sorry if I have wasted your time.

First of all I would like to thank you all for your replies and especially thank those that have been generous enough to offer to take me out wildfowling with them. I have put a lot of thought into this and have had to have a good look at my fitness level (Which is not at all what it used to be) and I have decided that I have to decline all of the offers made out of consideration for those that I would most likely hold up through my lack of fitness and "health problems" (Which I ought to add are not up for discussion on open forum).

Thank you all so much for your offers of help and sorry if I have wasted your time.

No prob mate & wishing you all the best ATB Carl

I do hope your health improves. Dont count yourself out yet. You may just find an opertunity.

If your traveling past the fens and fancy a stroll along the sea wall, give me a shout and I'll show you some of the marshes you may have read about.

I find just being at the marsh at sunrise a magical experience. You don't have to be shooting to enjoy wildfowling.

I do hope your health improves. Dont count yourself out yet. You may just find an opertunity.

If your traveling past the fens and fancy a stroll along the sea wall, give me a shout and I'll show you some of the marshes you may have read about.

I find just being at the marsh at sunrise a magical experience. You don't have to be shooting to enjoy wildfowling.

True, Wildfowling to me is bird/nature watching with a gun and the chance of might get a shot.

Figgy